HTC One (M8): Wifi Tether?

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been on Cyanogenmod for the last few years, so it was easy to tether my laptop to my phone.

Are there any apps that will allow me to tether to my m8 without the need for rooting?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wifi Tether?

Yeah pay for it. No app needed.

Not in a million years.

If I'm paying for 6GB of data monthly, it shouldn't matter in the LEAST bit if I'm using some of that data via tether to a laptop or iPad.

Maybe in your universe Verizon deserves an extra $10 a month for that privilege, but in my universe, not a chance.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Well the universe your looking for doesn't exists here since we don't assist in fraudulent actions. I suggest you go bark up another tree.

FYI if using KitKat WiFi tether is effectively block unless paying for it. No app has bypassed it yet.

Verizon includes tethering free(since the FCC lawsuit) with all post-paid accounts. Unless your still holding on to one of the old unlimited contracts.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not in a million years.

If I'm paying for 6GB of data monthly, it shouldn't matter in the LEAST bit if I'm using some of that data via tether to a laptop or iPad.

Maybe in your universe Verizon deserves an extra $10 a month for that privilege, but in my universe, not a chance.

Fyi, while it isn't illegal, it is most likely a violation of your terms of service with Verizon.

Also all current plans allow for you to use data and hotspot together, no extra fee for hotspot. Verizon will allow you to move to a current plan at any time

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Ken_FSU

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll be damned, I had no clue that the new plans included the ability to share data. Thanks for the info. I just tried it, and it didn't prompt me with any kind of surcharge warning like I've seen in the past. Much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC