HTC One (M8): Speakers seem to be blocked

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I got my phone from best buy on Tuesday, I 've been playing with it since..

Today I notice that the speakers both, top and bottom,, they seem like something ist blocking them behind.. it's this normal?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Speakers seem to be blocked.

Today I notice that the speakers both, top and bottom,, they seem like something ist blocking them behind.. it's this normal?

That would be unlikely, seeing as it would be hard to screw that up in the build process. You will definitely know if they are blocked or not by whether they sound muffled .

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

You mean like when you see into the tiny holes that some aren't completely open? Then yes that's normal. The actual speaker opening doesn't extend the full width of the holes. The design and holes are more for a symmetrical look than for function.

HVL87

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone else noticed this? My first HTC One M8 was replaced for a different reason, but I don't remember seeing this issue. On my replacement phone however, not all of the speaker holes are completely drilled through. The speakers may be on the left side, but this looks a bit odd in my opinion.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone else noticed this? My first HTC One M8 was replaced for a different reason, but I don't remember seeing this issue. On my replacement phone however, not all of the speaker holes are completely drilled through. The speakers may be on the left side, but this looks a bit odd in my opinion.

ya if you hold the phone 3 inches from your face with the right amount of light it be odd for sure...

HVL87

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Only a million and a half? :) It does look strange; maybe it wasn't AS noticeable on the first phone I had...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante