HTC One (M8): Screen not flush with body

HVL87

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
The screen is not flush where it meets the metal body of the phone, both at the top and bottom. So when I am pulling down the notification bar for example, I can feel a rough bump. This is more prominent on the left and right hand side. Has anyone else noticed this or am I being a bit ocd?

Last edited by a moderator:

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Screen not flush with body

The screen is not flush where it meets the metal body of the phone, both at the top and bottom. So when I am pulling down the notification bar for example, I can feel a rough bump. This is more prominent on the left and right hand side. Has anyone else noticed this or am I being a bit ocd?

I have not noticed this on my screen. However, I have a screen protector on my device that prohibits me from feeling the screen itself; rather, I feel the bump of the screen protector.

As far as I know, this is not a known issue. Will taking any pictures of the "defective" screen do any good? Just so I could get a better understanding? Or is the uneven placement of the screen too minimal to the point of noticing it?

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Should definitely swap it out. I remember past HTC phones like the M7 having that issue. This was one of the first things I looked for when handling it in the store and in the one I purchased.
Mine is perfectly flush and smooth.

Posted via Android Central App

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Are you sure you have the M8 and not the M7? That was a problem with the M7 but I have not seen anyone complain about that with the M8. If it is the M8 I would swap it out.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Mine it's like that. Went back to the store and every one they pulled out was the same way. It's funny though. Only line that to the right of the HTC logo. It's perfectly flush on the left. I figure it doesn't matter. Once my glass screen protector gets delivered I won't be able to feel it. Except for the Verizon one, all the ones I've seen go from speaker grill to speaker grill.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Mine it's like that. Went back to the store and every one they pulled out was the same way. It's funny though. Only line that to the right of the HTC logo. It's perfectly flush on the left. I figure it doesn't matter. Once my glass screen protector gets delivered I won't be able to feel it. Except for the Verizon one, all the ones I've seen go from speaker grill to speaker grill.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

I think you mean that the Verizon glass screen protector is the ONLY one that goes speaker grill to speaker grill. None of the other ones do. I have a Zagg and absolutely love it (my first one). I'll never go back to a plastic one

Posted via Android Central App

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I have one with slightly recessed screen on top and bottom and putting on the new Invisibleshield HD was a mistake. I actually have a warranty replacement coming because it has air pockets on all 4 corners. It dawned on me after I contacted customer support that the shield was made with the idea that the screen WAS going to be flush with the speaker metal plates but alas it is not. They, for some reason, decided to extend the protective film to the top and bottom of the speaker grill corners , instead of just on the glass....so im thinking that my replacement will have the exact same problem lol

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is exactly the same...not a deal breaker as I have insurance.I got mine in Columbus Ohio in Tuttle area...rep told me if it gets worse I'll get a replacement then and there so I'm not worried...love the M8 though...😁

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Mine is flat all around but I wouldn't return it even if it wasn't. Phones are so disposable these days, I personally don't understand why people fuss about this stuff and then get another phone in a year.

Last edited:

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine aren't flush either, had the same thing with my m7. Doesn't bother me too much, not enough to swap it out in search of one that perfectly flush.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine is exactly the same...not a deal breaker as I have insurance.I got mine in Columbus Ohio in Tuttle area...rep told me if it gets worse I'll get a replacement then and there so I'm not worried...love the M8 though...��

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Hey, that is exactly where I got mine. Not the kiosk in Tuttle Mall, but across the street at the Corporate store behind McDs. As for my M8, I too feel the junction between the glass and metal at the top and bottom. Not a big deal to me though. I don't notice it with everyday use.

SS2006

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Mines not flush anywhere (worst at left side) . Wouldn't bother me but I can slightly depress the top left part and here a click sound. Anyone else?

ericmpena

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed this issue today. I purchased the phone through Best Buy online. They will not swap the phone because it is out of the 14 day return period. HTC offered to repair the phone in 7-10 business days, but will cost at most $200. They understood that I've only had the phone active for a few days, but they offered nothing else other than to repair it. If I take it locally to have it repaired they said I will void all warranty on the phone. Last hope will be to take it to Sprint and see if they will swap it out, but since I purchased from Best Buy online I might be out of luck. I love the phone, but if parts are coming loose after 20 days then there's a problem. My iPhone 4S is still in mint condition with no loose pieces after 3 years. Sad.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams