Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B0WIE
  • 2 Post By Preformer19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8) - Icon Legend?

I admit it... I'm spoiled by the internet. Whenever I need some code help or a transact-sql command at work I just jump on my browser, run a search and I'm on my way. Perhaps that's why I'm feeling such frustration that I can't find a simple icon legend for my new HTC One M8. Performed several searches, check for the information on the phone itself and even downloaded the full manual and went through it page by page without success. You'd think there's at least one attention loving HTC guy or girl out there who would have this up... and they may have.. but I can't find it.

That being said I did have the presences of mind to take a shot of the icon in question which I've attempted to attach. It's the icon on the far left which isn't familiar. It's probably obvious to most but I've only had the phone a few days and I'm clueless. I'd also love it if anyone could turn me on to a guide or list of all the status bar icons for reference in case I have additional questions.

Thank you!

HTC One (M8) - Icon Legend?-htc-one-m8-icons.jpg

Default Re: HTC One M8 - Icon Legend?

I believe that's "boomsound", music enhancement.
    BTW, looks like you're listening to some good music.
    GunnerFan420 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Haha thanks B0WIE. I tried to crop it but Joe Cocker will not be contained. I was listening to music quite loudly at the time so that seems likely. Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerFan420 View Post
    Haha thanks B0WIE. I tried to crop it but Joe Cocker will not be contained. I was listening to music quite loudly at the time so that seems likely. Thank you sir.
    I can confirm...this is the logo for the BoomSound.

Oh, and I'll just leave this here...

B0WIE and GunnerFan420 like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Now you're talking Preformer19. Good looking out kid.

Default Re: HTC One (M8) - Icon Legend?

Try this _ scroll down to 'Status Lights'https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F10369

Another thread has the information on how to get to the Icon Legend, here is the post.

There are a lot of Help files and I learned from it that if I use 2 fingers to grab the notification bar and pull down it takes me directly to Settings, cuts out a swipe and tap.

You can also see that icon in the main settings page next to the Boom Sound check box. When listening through the phone, you can't disable the "enhancement" (I'm personally not a fan of it), but you can switch it on and off when using the aux jack or Bluetooth streaming.