HTC One (M8): No push mail with HTC mail app

antikk

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Push mail was working fine on the M7 however I can't seem to receive push mail on the M8 for my work email which is using Exchange. Hotmail push works fine though.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: No push mail with HTC mail app

My Exchange account is working fine with the stock email app. Since your Hotmail is working with push settings it seems likely it's not the app. Have you tried deleting the account and then adding it again? Maybe the settings didn't take properly when you added the account.

bduerr1

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My HTC One M8 is doing the same thing. It will not refresh when I open it, set it to push or set it to every 5 minutes. It appears that the only way to refresh it is to pull down emails while in app.

It worked when I first got it. Several apps have updated since then but no major changes. I did set a different ringer for notifications and that is when it may have started, odd. Calling AT&T. it appears that the AT&T Smart WiF had a bug in it also . . . Got an update and it seems to have gone away . . .

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I was frustrated that "smart sync" was slow so I set it to sync every 5 min and it turned out to be faster than expected. Sometimes arrives before my desktop email, but it's usually within around 2 min after. Not ideal, but it's the best I could get it to do.
Gmail on this phone is pushed pretty much instantly and many people have their other accounts routed through gmail.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I only use the stock app for getting my work email and the push is working fine for me, I actually get the email on my phone before I get it in Outlook at my desk. Now the one annoyance I have is when I read the email at my desk the notifications doesn't go away on my phone like it does with Hotmail.

Ice