HTC One (M8): Loose volume rocker?

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experience a loose volume button on their new M8? I was just playing around with an M8 in best buy and felt that the rocker was fairly loose... easily wobbling back and forth and rattling.

These kind of things bug me... I'm OCD like that. I hope it was just because of wear and tear as a demo unit, as I'm looking to pick one up this coming week on Tmobile.

Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Loose volume rocker?

Anyone experience a loose volume button on their new M8? I was just playing around with an M8 in best buy and felt that the rocker was fairly loose... easily wobbling back and forth and rattling.

These kind of things bug me... I'm OCD like that. I hope it was just because of wear and tear as a demo unit, as I'm looking to pick one up this coming week on Tmobile.

Thanks.

My volume rocker is a bit loose, as is my sleep/wake button up top.

Honestly I think it's just the way it's built. I'm OCD like that as well, so we're on the same level.

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Loose volume rocker?

My volume rocker seems pretty loose too but nothing major.

Posted via my HTC One_M8 using the Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.

Most likely wear and tear due being a demo model. I was in a Verizon store last week and they had an m7 on display. It was working just fine when I first walked up to it and then after about 5 minutes, the screen went all wonky, flashing and displaying static. I didn't even touch it, I was playing with the dot view case on the m8. I tried resetting it but the power button was unresponsive, the thing was totally screwed. Definitely shows the abuse people put on demo models.

Also my volume rocker, as well as my power button aren't the least bit loose

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I have an ATT M8 and the volume and power button are a bit loose too. Nothing I'm complaining about because it's comparable to my nexus 5 buttons. Guessing they are made that way to handle everyday use.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it weird I'm considering not getting the phone because of a loose lower button and volume rocker?
I just know it's gonna drive me crazy...

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Not really weird but I think it's hard to avoid these kind of things. I have an iPhone 5s and I can hear my power button rattle a little but I have to shake my phone and really listen for it so it's no big deal. On my nexus 5 I had I could actually hear the button rattle when I tapped the screen on the upper right corner. I have to imagine buttons have to be made that way to a fault, to take the every day use and not fail. If you plan to put a case over your phone that covers the button as well I wouldn't even worry about it that will take care of any rattle or loose buttons.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I think I'm gonna give it a shot when It is released on T-Mobile... I loved the m7 so much so I cant pass up on this.
Hopefully the extra 2 weeks was enough time to get a batch that doesn't suffer from the button issues.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was in a best buy recently as well and was playing with the m8 and m7. The buttons on the m8 were all definitely loose. Did not like it. On the other hand, the m7's buttons were all still flush with the phone and had a great feel to them. Not sure what happened between the between releases. And in all honesty the m7 felt way better built and had a higher sense of quality to it than the m8. This is just my .02 cents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay