HTC One (M8): Texting Issues

CoopsPap

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Another victim of this issue as well.

After digging around and playing with just about every setting, I have found that uninstalling any downloaded launchers seems to have fixed this issue. I am just running with the stock HTC launcher until a fix comes from HTC.

Not an ideal quick fix, having switched from an iphone 2 weeks ago and looking forward to customizing the bejeebus out of my m8, but it'll do for now. (Yes, I did follow all imessage protocol when switching.)

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I called Verizon again Friday night and got a tier 2 tech who was very good., She reset my sim card and it looks like it fixed it. mine had expired. I didn't know they had an expiration date. Might be worth powering it off and and pulling it out every so often and update the prl.

youeatlard

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Through rigorous testing, I have a binary result. If LTE is on, texting and connections are intermittent. If LTE is off, texting works, I don't miss calls, although my calls are sometimes a bit distorted. I am going to remain on WCDMA Only mode until someone proves this incorrect or finds a fix.

Yeah, this has been my experience as well. I'll have 4G on for surfing and my texts will fail to upload or send multiple. I turn it off and things work well. It's not just texts either . Any data up on 4G often has issues. Down is usually fine though. I just stay on 3G most times now.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to make a new thread until I saw this one. I've been having the same problem on my Verizon m8 lately. The first day it happened, a week ago, I was in a major city watching a baseball game, so I just assumed the amount of people there was the problem. Since then it's happened twice, both times I'm in a normal area with no high amount of people. Today it was taking 15 minutes for texts to send out. Receiving messages seems to be normal. I'm using the stock messaging app (not verizon messages). Both times I was around at least 5 other people with Verizon phones and none of them had any issues.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and he couldn't find any issues with the network in my area. He was stumped until he said he saw a memo from HTC that was just sent a few days ago. Apparently HTC is aware of the issue, and while they don't have a permanent fix yet, he said to put the phone in airplane mode, and then turn it off, and that should help for a while. Apparently just rebooting the phone doesn't do the same thing as the airplane mode trick.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to make a new thread until I saw this one. I've been having the same problem on my Verizon m8 lately. The first day it happened, a week ago, I was in a major city watching a baseball game, so I just assumed the amount of people there was the problem. Since then it's happened twice, both times I'm in a normal area with no high amount of people. Today it was taking 15 minutes for texts to send out. Receiving messages seems to be normal. I'm using the stock messaging app (not verizon messages). Both times I was around at least 5 other people with Verizon phones and none of them had any issues.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and he couldn't find any issues with the network in my area. He was stumped until he said he saw a memo from HTC that was just sent a few days ago. Apparently HTC is aware of the issue, and while they don't have a permanent fix yet, he said to put the phone in airplane mode, and then turn it off, and that should help for a while. Apparently just rebooting the phone doesn't do the same thing as the airplane mode trick.

Where did you see the memo from HTC? I thought Verizon fixed mine but apparently not. I still have empty texts going out and I am not sure all my texts sent are received, I have one person in particular that I am having trouble with.

Axefire

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
No problems on VZW here. I even tried Handcent, Go SMS Pro, all good but MMS is a mess with those so I now use VZ Message plus that came with the phone. Its better than the stock HTC messaging app now that they updated it. You can change the text tones per conversation, colors, etc. Works great.

Did you try turning off the stock app?

Posted via Android Central App

cive

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I am still having issues after I went to a V store. My phone was somehow in global mode found under the mobile data setting -> preferred network. It was switched to lte/cdma and it started working a lot better, but I am still getting stalled and failed texts.

When I fist got the phone back in march I had no issues and it seems to have slowly gotten worse since they released an update back in april or may.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Where did you see the memo from HTC? I thought Verizon fixed mine but apparently not. I still have empty texts going out and I am not sure all my texts sent are received, I have one person in particular that I am having trouble with.

The rep I was talking to said he saw it in his system.

cive

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I say if you are having this issue get your phone warrantied. If we hit HTC in their pocket book they might actually get this fixed faster.

GregIsARadDude

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issues with Verizon. Couldnt get it to stop so i got them to take a trade in and cancel my agreement and went to ATT, havent had the problem again.

Karl Thomas

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I am having issues with txt not sending or delayed sending. I receive txt ok but have repeated issues with sending. One out of every 5 to 10 will completely fail to send no matter where I am. Verizon can not figure it out. Is anyone else having any issues with txt.
You may have text messaging issues if your device is:
Unable to send or receive text messages
Displaying error codes or network messages when you try to send a text message
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.

Verify your HTC One M8 is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.

Be sure your HTC One M8 is connected to the Sprint voice network to send or receive text messages.

Access Sprint Zone.
Tap My Device.
Tap Dashboard.
Scroll to and tap Voice Network.
Your voice connection status displays.
Tap Network PRL.
After the PRL update is complete, tap OK.
Test your device to see if the issue is resolved.
Perform a soft reset.

A soft reset reconnects your HTC One M8 to the Sprint network.

Press and hold the Power key and Volume Up key for 10 seconds.
Your HTC One M8 restarts.
Have you ever been able to send or receive a text message on your HTC One M8?

If your HTC One M8 is active and you've never been able to text, contact Sprint Customer Care for further troubleshooting.

ace23jp

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue for close to 2 months now. It's completely random. I used to think it was my phone. I have been talking to people with different phones and they are having the problem as well. I just talked to someone today with an LG G2, they started having issues the same time I did. I know believe this to be a Verizon network issue.

Last edited:

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue for close to 2 months now. It's completely random. I used to think it was my phone. I have been talking to people with different phones and they are having the problem as well. I just talked to someone today with an LG G2, they started having issues the same time I did. I know believe this to be a Verizon network issue.

I wonder if this is related to Verizon's upgraded network. I remember them upgrading in certain cities and this may be a side effect. Just a thought.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are obviously new to the M8 but she is having this issue as well. I am not as of yet. Both of us are using the Verizon message app and have both turned off the global network to the lte/cdma. We both had iphones and had our imessage turned off and are getting and sending messages to other iphone users without issue.

Any news on this?

Katarina B L

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious, are there other users in Sweden having the same problems with texting? I just bought my m8 a few weeks ago, went from iPhone (hate iTunes). Can't text to one person at all, the message disappears from my sending list. The same happens when she texts me (I can see the incoming text but when I click to read more it deletes). I text another friend and receive the answer as a group message? It's so frustrating, my expectations were high... Anyone?

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I do not have this problem when I am using stock messaging. But, it happens very often with Go SMS. I tried to use stock for about 2 weeks and I only made it 10 days bc I hate stock.

vsztul16

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I am having the similar issue of pictures not being able to be sent in a timely fashion. Also, Some of my recipients receive the same text multiple times. I also see one text pop up multiple times on my end. Not very happy with this phone right now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci