HTC One (M8): Texting Issues

tmus

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues with txt not sending or delayed sending. I receive txt ok but have repeated issues with sending. One out of every 5 to 10 will completely fail to send no matter where I am. Verizon can not figure it out. Is anyone else having any issues with txt.

Last edited by a moderator:

svj1980

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 TXT Issues

I'm having the same issues using hangouts and the stock verizon messaging app. Same issue applies with or without wifi on. Not sure what to do at this time.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried rebooting?
If not, do that first.

If that doesn't work, take the sim card out, reboot, and the put it back in.

If that doesn't work, maybe get a new sim card from Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App

tmus

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

I have tried rebooting, new sim, and many more of Verizons suggestions. The verizon tech website had another post about this issue.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I am having issues with txt not sending or delayed sending. I receive txt ok but have repeated issues with sending. One out of every 5 to 10 will completely fail to send no matter where I am. Verizon can not figure it out. Is anyone else having any issues with txt.

Are you using the stock app? Not vzw messages?

Sent from my HTC One M8

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

If none of those work, get a new phone...I can't see there being anything easily fixable. Check the APN settings for MMS?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Found this in the EVO forum

"I turned all connections off, including GPS, WIFI, mobile network, etc. Then, I turned ON airplane mode. I held the power button down and hit "Restart phone" and let it boot. When it rebooted, all of my failed sent messages automatically sent"

May be worth a try.

bxroto

May 16, 2011
Visit site

Trying that now. As I'm having same issue. I have a Sprint variant and I'm on wifi and a airwave.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

gregorylj

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Here's my issue: I will text one person and when they text me back, it shows up as multiple people on the text message. It doesn't do this with everyone, but I have this issue with about half of the people I've been texting.

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Me too. Same unsent sms. GOSms will resend them. But it bugs me knowing the prob is actually still present

earnric

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I too am seeing problems with texting ... It is very inconsistent. Sometimes I can go a day without problems... other times, I can't send any texts! They all fail...

Also, I'm seeing multiple copies of a text. My friend sends one, but I see it 3 or 4 times within 3-4 minutes.

Both problems occur regardless of the text messaging app I have set as default.

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I am have issues with pictures. I have to resend many times to get them to go through. Text sms work fine.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine (on Sprint) seems to be perfect apart from low reception areas. My Evo LTE would work fine in those places for texting, I just can't figure out why, even though I have a decent 1x signal, texts will not go through.