Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree32Likes

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Case or naked

I'm using the official HTC Double Dip case, with the blue tab on top and orange on the bottom. I haven't read much on forums so don't know if other people are calling it the same, but to me, it's the Portal case. What makes it nice is that if I drop it, it goes through the floor and I can just keep my hand held out and it'll drop right back in. Sorry for those that don't get the reference...and for those that do...yeah, you're right, it's stupid. Hahaha.

In any case, although the phone itself is beautiful, the case does 2 things for me...confidence that if I drop it, the chances of the phone itself getting dented or scratched are significantly lessened, and also that it provides a little more thickness to the phone, which to me makes it just a bit easier to hold. I'm also waiting for the Dot View to be back in stock, though I'm starting to have second thoughts about getting it...

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Using mine with a tampered glass protector and an otterbox back skin. Pretty much naked.

http://i.imgur.com/CkDfHmSl.jpg
    Yeah, this looks nifty - where did you get it?
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    I refuse to hide the brushed metal and the clear cases make it look too much like a hunk of plastic to me, so I'm going to go with a skin. Where does one find that Otterbox skin for the M8? I didn't see anything on the Otterbox site or in a search.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddPsyD View Post
    Yeah, this looks nifty - where did you get it?
    Bought it at the sprint store. $30 for front and back. I only used the back as I have a tampered glass protector.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #104  

Got a diztronic case. These things are awesome

Posted via Android Central App

I normally go naked but I gave in and ordered a Spigen case and now am waiting on it. Sooner or later it'll be dropped no matter how careful you are so I caved in ?!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Naked. For at least 6 months when the HTC advantage screen replacement program expires.

Aluminum in the hand never felt so good

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I'm sitting on the fence. I've always had a case. On the other hand, I've probably only dropped a phone 2 or 3 times since my first iPhone in 2008. Also, the phone is a little too big with a case IMO. Obviously the phone looks better without a case, but that's true of all phones, so I don't really consider it an important factor.

For me it comes down to protection versus size. I have a case (the Supcase that somebody else referred to earlier in the thread), but I'm not currently using it. Kinda risky, but I'm careful. I hope I don't regret it.

Ignore this, wont let me delete the post.

Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Using mine with a tampered glass protector and an otterbox back skin. Pretty much naked.

http://i.imgur.com/CkDfHmSl.jpg
    How is the grip on it? Does it improve it much over the bare metal or no? That's the only reason I want a case.

Can't bring myself to de-case my phone. Even though I love to go naked especially since its got such a beautiful design I am just too afraid to scratch it. I hate a scratched phone.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrbojenglz View Post
    How is the grip on it? Does it improve it much over the bare metal or no? That's the only reason I want a case.
    Grip is a lot better. However this skin covers the microphone on the back. FAIL!

While some folks said the M8 is more fragile and more prone to dent than M7, I beg to differ and say it's total opposite for me.
    My M8 felt from the car's stand once, the exact same fall my ex-M7 had last year, it didn't get any dent nor scratches, the M7 got a serious dent on the lower border and a hairline scratch on the screen.
    My M8 is naked 60% of the time and is subject to small bumps (you know table,door...) and never get any dent even not a micro dent while the M7 was already like a chewing gum after 2 weeks!
    Though I am heading toward the Dot View cover to replace the stock ugly cover

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Case or naked

Naked and I'm sure I'll regret it. I'm thinking of getting a screen protector today though. Seems the least I can do. As I felt with my iPhone 5, a phone this beautiful and well designed is shame to cover up.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Otterbox defender for me, due to the type of work ok do.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hyperion smokey tpu simi transparent case for me... You can still see that the phone is beautiful.

Posted via Android Central App

Don't go naked. As much as I love the feel of the phone I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Dropped my M8 couple days ago, whole screen is cracked. Now I'm really regretting not putting a case on it

Quote Originally Posted by Wilguens Joachin View Post
    Don't go naked. As much as I love the feel of the phone I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Dropped my M8 couple days ago, whole screen is cracked. Now I'm really regretting not putting a case on it

I believe that if you contact HTC, they will replace your cracked screen for free the HTC Advantage.

http://www.htc.com/us/go/advantage/

Sent from my RCT6378W2

I placed my phone in a tight fitting belt holster from Seidio (I like it alot, meant to be used with naked HTC M8) and then opened my trunk and pulled my golf clubs out. The golf bag pressed against the holster enough to dislodge it from the holster and send me M8 to the concrete. Fortunately it didn't even scratch the screen at all or leave any dents, just a couple pin dot sized indentations from the uneven concrete in two places. I know exactly where they are but unless you are looking for something wrong you wouldn't notice at first glance.

I still like running it naked during the week when using it for work and pulling it out of my belt holster constantly - but I suppose I will have to start putting the case on it during weekends / using it for golf GPS as it is a slippery sucker. It is just so damn nice naked and smooth!

All in all though it is a fairly hardy piece of machinery. I dropped it on the concrete from my hip level and hardly noticeable damage occurred - I fully expected much much worse.

I don't think I want to live life on the edge by going caseless.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Yeah it's risky. I had my case off and dropped mine at the gym and even though it landed on the rubber matt the phone must have hit a piece of machinery on the way down and cracked the glass covering the camera.

Have always gone naked. Same with the M8. However I dropped it onto pavement yesterday from handheld height. I was panicked. But the screen is just fine... A couple corners slightly scuffed but otherwise all good.

I also remembered I have a square trade policy on it... Which I highly recommend.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I got a Otter box defender too for my HTC One M7 but the screen protectors dust problem is annoying and makes with x2 thicker so i am taking it off now.

I've tried the case that came in the box and also the official HTC flip case and I've ended up running it naked. It feels too good that way. I know it's a risk and it is slippy but I just don't get why people would want to hide the premium phone design behind a cheap piece of plastic.

I'd like to see manufacturers making phones that don't need cases in the future but then the case market is so lucrative that I'm not sure that'll happen.

I quite like the look of apples leather cases for the new iphones and they're the only sort of case I'd consider but not really seen anything like that for the m8

Posted via the Android Central App

Dot View Case
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345