HTC One (M8): Case or naked

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I got an otterbox defender when I got my new m8. I've been using it for a few days and the only real complaint was the bulk and dust getting under the screen protector. So today I took it off to clean the dust out and now I can't bring myself to put it back on. The phone is so thin and sleek without it.

Anyone else going without a case?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Case or naked

I did when I had an M7... If i got the M8 id go naked :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

M7 made me appreciate the Build & Design that I no longer use any case. I love my nexus 5 naked. Yes, my M8 will be as well.

The only protection I use is Screen Protector, I use Super Shieldz. No complaints, great value.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

If you drop the device, and it scratches or dents, and you smile because now it has character, then a case isn't necessary. If you get a scratch or dent on your phone, and now you can't stand it, then maybe a case is the right call. That is my .02

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Naked, maybe a full body skin but you gotta show off the beauty :)

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Got the phone yesterday. Bought a case today. It was on for 5 hours before it came off. It's so brilliant naked. I'll admit to being concerned about drops, dents, and scratches. BUT, I may be willing to live with that risk.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Bought a clear tpu case off amazon since the phone does look beautiful. I HATE dropping my phone without a case on, and the m8 is pretty slippery, heavy, and a little awkward to hold in my opinion. My whole day goes to **** when I drop a caseless phone. So I never go caseless anymore. Even a simple tpu case is enough to protect it from most falls.

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
How do you like it with the TPU?
I got the cheapest hybrid I could find - Caseformers - and it's pretty okay for the price, but adds more bulk than I thought it would. This phone is really big!

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you like it with the TPU?
I got the cheapest hybrid I could find - Caseformers - and it's pretty okay for the price, but adds more bulk than I thought it would. This phone is really big!

Is that one with a hard shell and silicon or something like that?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Coming from the Droid DNA, I've always had a case on, more recently the Otterbox Defender. And like you, when I would take the phone out to clean it, I remembered how thin and well constructed it was, and putting the case back on afterwards was tough because it took away the thin design of the phone.

When I switched to the M8, I decided to go with the Dot View case from HTC. It does poke at my heart a bit to hide that beautiful shiny brushed back design, but the Dot View adds some awesome functionality like no other case does, so for me, it's justifiable.

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I always used to go naked on all my phones.
The about 6 months ago I fumbled my Note 2 in a car park getting in the car and got two big cracks across the screen.
Now I'll never go naked, the M8 is a thing of beauty and a case hides that but cracking another screen isn't an option because I don't have insurance and this is my phone for a year or two.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I always used to go naked on all my phones.
The about 6 months ago I fumbled my Note 2 in a car park getting in the car and got two big cracks across the screen.
Now I'll never go naked, the M8 is a thing of beauty and a case hides that but cracking another screen isn't an option because I don't have insurance and this is my phone for a year or two.

HTC advantage (everyone who buys the device will get this) will give you one free screen replacement for the first six months

House seller

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
It's way too beautiful to hide under a case. If I scratched it up to bad I could cover it then, or if it's broken I have insurance to replace it. So, am I going to cover it to protect it for the person I sell it to in a year? No way!!!

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I did by a case , haven't received it yet. I do love the design of the phone and it's looks ,yet i think the phone is way too slippery to not have a case.Plus i work in a industrial area, I kinda need a case

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234