Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): picture text is dark

Whenever I receive a picture text and click on the picture, the picture comes in somewhat dark until I run my finger across the pencil at the bottom. Once I do this the picture lightens up and I can see the picture much better. How do I turn this setting off so I can see the picture in a regular lightened format to begin with?

Default Re: picture text is dark

Hmm, mine doesn't do this. When I click on the picture it opens it into full screen just fine. I don't seem to have a pencil option either.

What messaging app are you using? I'm using the stock HTC one

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

just the one that came with the phone. Actually I called our provider customer service and she read through some forums and solved the problem for me. I can't exactly remember what steps we took but I do know it's associated with what you choose to open your picture texts with - Gallery or something else. You must choose Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami8 View Post
    just the one that came with the phone. Actually I called our provider customer service and she read through some forums and solved the problem for me. I can't exactly remember what steps we took but I do know it's associated with what you choose to open your picture texts with - Gallery or something else. You must choose Gallery.
    Ahhh gotcha, glad you got it figured out. Enjoy your m8!

Posted via Android Central App