HTC One (M8): Power button problems

zaki67

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems with the power button,it seems to stay pressed by itself and I get a message on the screen that if i want to restart I should press the volume up button for 10 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Power button problems

No problems here... Exchange for a different one?

Posted via Android Central App

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If you bought a new car and it had problems, what would you do! I myself would take it to a dealership?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

CurveDave

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem suddenly (haven't dropped my phone or anything). AT&T shipped me out a replacement with little hassle.

agamer7809

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. Where did you guys get your phones exchanged from? Your phone provider or HTC? Also did you get it for free?

zaki67

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I got it exchanged from the shop that i bought it from ,but I know that he sent it for replacement from the local dealer.I did not get it on contract I bought it at full price.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. The button isn't actually stuck in because I can still press it; I feel it click. But the phone thinks it held down. I guess that something got in there and tried to blow it out with canned air, but it didn't help.

bmarieknight

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same phone and the same problem and my phone was like this when i bought it. is there a way to fix or I would have to a buy a new phone?

Cocoa84

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. The button isn't actually stuck in because I can still press it; I feel it click. But the phone thinks it held down. I guess that something got in there and tried to blow it out with canned air, but it didn't help.

In my htc one m8 it started happening after a software upgrade from HTC dot view in playstore.
I made possible to replicate the issue: whenever I play audio or video files without the headphones plugged in, HTC boom feature activates. When that happens the power button stops responding, plus if you push the volume button the volume bar goes erratic. To kill this, y push the volume down key once, then click some arrow next to it which shows three more bars and I tune them all the way to left. Workaround but cant get a fix for it. Does anyone know how to report this to HTC????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781