Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Straight Talk APN settings for AT&T SIM?

Hey everyone,
    I should be getting my M8 tomorrow and last time I got a new phone (Nexus 4) I had to figure out the APN settings and it took a while to figure out which settings worked and which didn't. So my question is, will my settings be the same as they are for my Nexus 4 since it's on the AT&T network or is it different because it's a different phone? Also, if it is a different APN setting, can someone tell me what the settings are please? All answers are much appreciated.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Default Re: Straight Talk APN settings for AT&T SIM?

I have an unlocked developer edition and had to do absolutely nothing. When I inserted my SIM I got a prompt to pick my Carrier (AT&T) and settings were enabled automatically. I have Voice and data working perfectly. Hopefully this is the case for you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    I have an unlocked developer edition and had to do absolutely nothing. When I inserted my SIM I got a prompt to pick my Carrier (AT&T) and settings were enabled automatically. I have Voice and data working perfectly. Hopefully this is the case for you.
    Hmm that's interesting...I've never heard of that. That's awesome though! Maybe it's something with the developer edition? Idk. But hopefully it works for me too! Haha
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptom13 View Post
    Hmm that's interesting...I've never heard of that. That's awesome though! Maybe it's something with the developer edition? Idk. But hopefully it works for me too! Haha
    my bad didn't realize you were asking about a Nexus 4. Wrong forum maybe you should ask over there?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    my bad didn't realize you were asking about a Nexus 4. Wrong forum maybe you should ask over there?
    No no no I am getting the HTC One I have the Nexus 4 currently. When I got the Nexus 4 I had to find the APN settings so hopefully I don't have to do that with the One.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ptom13 View Post
    No no no I am getting the HTC One I have the Nexus 4 currently. When I got the Nexus 4 I had to find the APN settings so hopefully I don't have to do that with the One.
    Ok gotcha I too am a former Nexus 4 user and I know how much of a pain that was with APN settings. The M8 is plug and play no issues to deal with APN if you get an unlocked or developer edition.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk