so I go to Best Buy today Looking for a case for my HTC One M8

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a case for my HTC One M8. I see tons of cases for other phones. I ask for assistance because I see NO HTC cases, even though the store has a demo model of the new One.
The BB person tells me, "well, um, we mainly sell stuff for iPhones."

Smh.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: so I go to Best Buy today...

Most Best Buys in my area doubt even have the M8 on display

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Looking for a case for my HTC One M8. I see tons of cases for other phones. I ask for assistance because I see NO HTC cases, even though the store has a demo model of the new One.

Smh.

The M8 is still really new, so accessories are going to be limited with everyone new phone (except iPhones & possibly the Galaxy lines). There should be stuff hitting the market real soon. Or you can head over to ShopAndroid and purchase a case right now: HTC One (M8) Cases - ShopAndroid

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

I totally understand about new phones not having many available products ahead of launch date. I just didn't like how BB seems to have a philosophy: if is not Apple it doesn't exist.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah my bb has a separate section and counter and there own Samsung rep at all Times. They had no cases for the phone(try to Look online) they Did have the zagg tempered glass screensaver

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Smh.

Hence the reason BB is in trouble...

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I read the title of your thread "so I go to best buy today" and immediately thought "There is the problem".

I have given up shopping there. No stock of product, unhelpful or rude associates, and a general don't care about customer attitude.

Their time in this retail world is coming to an end.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

All my local Best Buy's , and I've been to like 5, don't have a single m8 or galaxy s5 on display. I did find two cases at one and then the Zagg glass screen protector (which I bought for $40 and now am in love with) at another but they don't have crap for anything besides a Samsung or iPhone.

They did have the Moto X and LG G2 on display though. I played around with them for a couple minutes, nice phones

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

I use a Trident case for now. I want the clear UAG case. Might also want to check Seidio.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site

Best buy is usually a last resort for me. The times I used to go there, I found most employees totally clueless about what they sell. I went to BB on last year's Nexus 7 release day and one sales person asked me what that was. I immediately went to the service desk and they got it for me. Best buy is a terrible place to shop. I get all my stuff on Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

fee dee cat

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

I purchased Amber gold m8 yesterday at one BB. They didn't have any accessories. But went to a different one 20 miles away and they had cases and the glass screen protectors. Purchased the screen protector. Ordering minimal case on amazon.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

It's insane the number of cases Best Buy has for the iPhone, they are 3-4 aisle while android has two small racks.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

It's insane the number of cases Best Buy has for the iPhone, they are 3-4 aisle while android has two small racks.

I've noticed the same thing. The selection is even smaller for the HTC one, that's just life, going to have to deal with it. With that said, last year's One did get some decent cases, like the mophie which I had and loved. Hoping this year's will catch on enough for some decent cases and accessories.

jpmciver

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Most Best Buys in my area doubt even have the M8 on display

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I had to ask to see it...well I didn't since they see me so much so they know me (I don't know if that is good or bad). Regardless, it wasn't on display but the BB mobile I went to in MKE had a working model but not on display (the gold version to be specific).

They also had the otterbox commuter cases and zagg screen protectors (both HD and Glass...I got the glass, which is REALLY nice) as well. Again, none of them were on display, they had them in the back still boxed up

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

minimal case?

I purchased Amber gold m8 yesterday at one BB. They didn't have any accessories. But went to a different one 20 miles away and they had cases and the glass screen protectors. Purchased the screen protector. Ordering minimal case on amazon.

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

I'm not even sure why you would go to Best Buy for a phone case. Everything mobile related I see in there is usually overpriced as hell compared to getting it on Amazon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I totally understand about new phones not having many available products ahead of launch date. I just didn't like how BB seems to have a philosophy: if is not Apple it doesn't exist.

Best Buy phone sales are probably somewhere around 50% iPhone, 25% Samsung and 25% everything else combined and almost everything is sold with a contract. Case sales are probably 90% iPhone, 9% Samsung and 1% everything else. That last is probably self-perpetuating, they only see sales for the 99% of stuff, so they only buy and stock that 99%, which is all people see, which is all they buy, rinse, repeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca