A few questions about the Verizon version.

datafiend

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm looking to import a M8 and I was wondering if the Verizon version is unlocked. I know Verizon list it as a global phone so I would like to know if I would be able to use it in my country. My local carrier supports the 700 LTE band. I'm also wondering if the device is indeed unlocked if I would be able to use LTE with my local carrier. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I can say with almost complete certainty that it is locked. What country are you in? I'm pretty sure LTE will not work if you buy a US carrier locked version.

Some one obviously feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though

Posted via Android Central App

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what I found from Phandroid:

"Will Verizon HTC One M8 overseas?

We dived in and found an interesting question from an Android Forums member inquiring about the Verizon Wireless HTC One M8′s “global-readiness.” TectonicPenguin asks:

'Is the Verizon Wireless HTC One (M8) unlocked and global-ready? Meaning if purchased from a Verizon store, will the HTC One (M8) work with any SIM card / GSM carrier in the US as well as other countries?'

We decided to find out for ourselves and after doing a little digging, we came across Verizon Wireless’ “Global-Ready” device page, where sure enough, the HTC One (M8) is listed. According to Verizon, all of their Global-Ready devices can be used overseas without the need to unlock them first. For added measure, we reached out to HTC who assures us the HTC One M8 is, in fact, GSM unlocked and will work fine overseas."

Source: http://phandroid.com/2014/03/28/verizon-htc-one-m8-work-on-att-tmobile-overseas-question/

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just to add a bit more:

You may be able to get LTE on other carriers (such as T-Mobile in the US), but the phone may not be fully functional. There are reports of users on T-Mobile with a Verizon M8, but calls/SMS do not fully work while on LTE. Things seem to work better on HSPA+.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
the Verizon variant is factory sim unlocked and can be used both internationally and domestically. It may not support all the bands needed for full support on your carrier.

Even though the Verizon variant supports 700MHz, it only supports b13. If your carrier only supports other 700MHz like b12,17,28,29,or 44, then you won't be able to get 4glte with the Verizon variant

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro