Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Low profile case for m8

Can anyone suggest a quality case that does not add much bulk and does not cover the IR blaster?

I like the look of the new Spigen case, but it appears to cover the whole top.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

Default Re: Low profile case for m8

There is a case on Amazon from the brand Red Shield. It is a clear TPU case. It is not too bulky, and pretty protective.

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IK3I7GI/...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

I just received a black case from Diztronic, ordered through Amazon, that is really light. It doesn't cover the power button where the IR blaster resides, and I've tested that the blaster does work. It has a really nice texture on the back too and it has a lay flat design on the front to protect the screen, but overall, does not add much to the phone's bulk.

(Currently I do not have a case for my M8.) Don't know if the mods will get mad at me for posting a link, but Incipio makes the best minimalist case in my opinion. It's called the "Feather" and adds a nice grippy surface on the back and is open on top for the IR blaster. It's the case I use on other phones when I have a case on them.

Amazon.com: Incipio feather Case for HTC One (M8) - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Iridescent gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

Although, $20 is way too much. I'm sure you can find it cheaper somewhere else.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    (Currently I do not have a case for my M8.) Don't know if the mods will get mad at me for posting a link, but Incipio makes the best minimalist case in my opinion. It's called the "Feather" and adds a nice grippy surface on the back and is open on top for the IR blaster. It's the case I use on other phones when I have a case on them.

Amazon.com: Incipio feather Case for HTC One (M8) - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Iridescent gray: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have the same case ordered. I should be getting it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post

What the heck is Plextonium? lol

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    What the heck is Plextonium? lol
    Pretty sure it a fancy word for plastic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    I have the same case ordered. I should be getting it this week.
    I'm thinking about ordering one myself for those times when I feel I need a case...
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Those incipio cases are nice. Im ordering one today