How 'bout them speakers?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Generally liking the speakers on the M8?
I know they are only cell phone speakers and not really capable of much bottom end, but...
If you're listening to, say, a jazz trio, can you actually hear the bass lines?
Seeing serious battery drain with use of speakers or not particularly bad?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can clearly hear bass. Is it earthshattering? No, but then again no speakers this small are going to be.

I haven't noticed a significant battery drain from using them

Posted via Android Central App

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The speakers on it are better than any other device I have lol.
They seem balanced pretty well, but it depends on what you're listening to. Some genres might just sound better on it, but nothing too drastic. It depends on the mixing too, if what you're playing is a muddy mess of production, there's only so much any device can do.
Not much drain, if I let it stream music for an hour maybe 5%? and that would be with maybe 10-15 minutes having the screen on too. With headphones it might be like 4%.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Generally liking the speakers on the M8?
I know they are only cell phone speakers and not really capable of much bottom end, but...
If you're listening to, say, a jazz trio, can you actually hear the bass lines?
Seeing serious battery drain with use of speakers or not particularly bad?
You won't get true bass reproduction in open air from anything that small. There's a physics issue, then a power demand one as well. But, the M8 is extended further than anything else out there and while you won't hear the fundamental of a bass guitar note, you will hear warmth/bass in a vocal, which is a first for a phone. I'm consistently impressed with the M8's speaker. The level of detail creates more of a 3D spaciousness than I've heard in any other phone speaker as well.

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
They are the best sounding phone speakers in the industry. The sound is clear, and the bass is defined. I f my volume is all the way up, I can hear it clearly throughout my entire house.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You can only expect so much from mobile speakers. That said, these are fantastic. I'm not someone who relies on my cell speakers for a lot of heavy lifting, but the speakers are a significant differentiator from any other phone. One of my chief complaints with my Nexus 5 had been the terrible sound quality. Problem solved with the M8, which motivates me to use the phone speakers for music, podcasts, etc far more than I would for any other phone.

Posted via Android Central App

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
agreed... it's everything the M7 promised to be.... not to mention the ear volume on phone calls. and the speaker on phone calls. they got it right.!!