Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Played With a HTC M8 in Verizon Today

I got some first impressions with the HTC M8 in store and I thought I could share what I thought real quick.

Design: Its a strikingly well made and nice looking phone. I was very impressed with it. Honestly IMO it`s better looking than the M7.

Performance: I know that performance in store will be slightly different out of the box. But, it felt as smooth if not smoother than my Moto X.
    Size: It was tall BUT, it was also thin and not wide, so holding it in one hand was not that hard. Though reaching the top of the screen was not that hard. IMO, if not for the HTC logo, I would say it`s the best 5 inch phone I have ever felt in my hand.

Overall: I am a little jealous now, of you guys that have it. That is one beast of a phone, and it was a looker and I don`t really care about looks when it comes to phones.

Default Re: Played With a HTC M8 in Verizon Today

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I got some first impressions with the HTC M8 in store and I thought I could share what I thought real quick.

Design: Its a strikingly well made and nice looking phone. I was very impressed with it. Honestly IMO it`s better looking than the M7.

Performance: I know that performance in store will be slightly different out of the box. But, it felt as smooth if not smoother than my Moto X.
    Size: It was tall BUT, it was also thin and not wide, so holding it in one hand was not that hard. Though reaching the top of the screen was not that hard. IMO, if not for the HTC logo, I would say it`s the best 5 inch phone I have ever felt in my hand.

Overall: I am a little jealous now, of you guys that have it. That is one beast of a phone, and it was a looker and I don`t really care about looks when it comes to phones.
    Pretty much summarizes much of my experience thus far. I really liked the feel of the Moto X and wanted to get it because I liked the smooth interface and physical size/shape. But, I'd been waiting on the cam in the M8 for a long time so I went with that. The M8 was a little clunky when I used it in store (Verizon store had the worst 4g connection ever) but at home it's such a joy to use. I do random stuff online every few minutes and I'm reaching for it over my One X (even though the One X is the one still receiving calls) and sometimes instead of my PC.