Lock screen notifications

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!

I recently decided to switch from the iPhone 5s to the new HTC One M8. So far I think it's an awesome device. However, the lock screen notifications (or lack of) are irritating me.

With the iPhone, I could see different notifications - such as voice mails, texts, missed calls, etc. while the device is locked. I could look at them all quickly and then slide one to unlock, and go straight to what I wanted to see. With this phone, I have to unlock it and then find what notifications are waiting for me.

Any suggestions?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

I recently decided to switch from the iPhone 5s to the new HTC One M8. So far I think it's an awesome device. However, the lock screen notifications (or lack of) are irritating me.

With the iPhone, I could see different notifications - such as voice mails, texts, missed calls, etc. while the device is locked. I could look at them all quickly and then slide one to unlock, and go straight to what I wanted to see. With this phone, I have to unlock it and then find what notifications are waiting for me.

Any suggestions?

Settings > Security > Notification Settings (choose which notifications appear on lock screen).

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Settings > Security > Notification Settings (choose which notifications appear on lock screen).

Thank you for the reply.

I have already checked those settings, and I will hear the notification sound, but when I check the lock screen, nothing is there. I see the icon in the top left of whatever app has the notification, but I cannot see anything else. I have pattern unlock enabled.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
That is exactly what I was looking for. Downloaded and installed, seems to be working great. Need to tweak a few settings but with the iSeven theme it fits right in.

Thanks!!

I use NiLs with the floating panel. It is awesome and even allows me to do things such as delete mail or mark texts as read right from the lock screen. Here are some pics and links, its free to download, but to get themes, I'm using iSeven theme, you have to purchase the full version for $1.99

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...am.android.notificationswidget&token=CYH_6ABn
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.roymam.android.nilsplus&token=u_EFKdXQ

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to try NiLs but I can't seem to remove the clock widget. Any pointers?

You don't need to remove the clock widget, just download the nils floating panel add on and use that. You notifications will then appear below the stock weather widget.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be working with pattern unlock. After so many notifications build up when you try to unlock the phone, when you attempt to swipe your pattern it catches the notification first, if you haven't dismissed it.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I use NiLs with the floating panel. It is awesome and even allows me to do things such as delete mail or mark texts as read right from the lock screen. Here are some pics and links, its free to download, but to get themes, I'm using iSeven theme, you have to purchase the full version for $1.99

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...am.android.notificationswidget&token=uPFEYtGg
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.roymam.android.nilsplus&token=Ksz1ZKbZ

View attachment 111375View attachment 111373View attachment 111374

Excellent set up

Posted via Android Central App

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't seem to be working with pattern unlock. After so many notifications build up when you try to unlock the phone, when you attempt to swipe your pattern it catches the notification first, if you haven't dismissed it.

As you move along away from the iPhone you'll learn about different launchers and lockscreens ..... I use Buzz launcher and widget locker.

Posted via Android Central App

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Go into NiLs Floating panel settings and select "Hide on outside tap". That will hide your notifications when you slide up the unlock before you put in your pattern.

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
How would you add this to the lock screen on a Verizon M8? I'm not seeing any way to add a widget to the lockscreen.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
How would you add this to the lock screen on a Verizon M8? I'm not seeing any way to add a widget to the lockscreen.

I just installed the app, along with the floating panel. I didn't add the widget. I bought the full version ($1.99) and installed the iSeven theme, and it simply shows up on the lock screen. Blends nicely, looks like it's part of Sense after some visual tweaks.

cdaq

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I just installed the app, along with the floating panel. I didn't add the widget. I bought the full version ($1.99) and installed the iSeven theme, and it simply shows up on the lock screen. Blends nicely, looks like it's part of Sense after some visual tweaks.

That did it, thanks! I only installed the floating panel, needed the app too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang