Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fernandez21
  • 1 Post By fernandez21
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Lock screen notifications

    Hello all!

    I recently decided to switch from the iPhone 5s to the new HTC One M8. So far I think it's an awesome device. However, the lock screen notifications (or lack of) are irritating me.

    With the iPhone, I could see different notifications - such as voice mails, texts, missed calls, etc. while the device is locked. I could look at them all quickly and then slide one to unlock, and go straight to what I wanted to see. With this phone, I have to unlock it and then find what notifications are waiting for me.

    Any suggestions?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    Hello all!

    I recently decided to switch from the iPhone 5s to the new HTC One M8. So far I think it's an awesome device. However, the lock screen notifications (or lack of) are irritating me.

    With the iPhone, I could see different notifications - such as voice mails, texts, missed calls, etc. while the device is locked. I could look at them all quickly and then slide one to unlock, and go straight to what I wanted to see. With this phone, I have to unlock it and then find what notifications are waiting for me.

    Any suggestions?
    Settings > Security > Notification Settings (choose which notifications appear on lock screen).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Preformer19 View Post
    Settings > Security > Notification Settings (choose which notifications appear on lock screen).
    Thank you for the reply.

    I have already checked those settings, and I will hear the notification sound, but when I check the lock screen, nothing is there. I see the icon in the top left of whatever app has the notification, but I cannot see anything else. I have pattern unlock enabled.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    I use NiLs with the floating panel. It is awesome and even allows me to do things such as delete mail or mark texts as read right from the lock screen. Here are some pics and links, its free to download, but to get themes, I'm using iSeven theme, you have to purchase the full version for $1.99

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.nilsplus

    Lock screen notifications-2014-04-08-06.14.57.jpgLock screen notifications-2014-04-08-06.15.08.jpgLock screen notifications-2014-04-08-06.15.03.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Cyberdelia likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    That is exactly what I was looking for. Downloaded and installed, seems to be working great. Need to tweak a few settings but with the iSeven theme it fits right in.

    Thanks!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I use NiLs with the floating panel. It is awesome and even allows me to do things such as delete mail or mark texts as read right from the lock screen. Here are some pics and links, its free to download, but to get themes, I'm using iSeven theme, you have to purchase the full version for $1.99

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.nilsplus
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    I would like to try NiLs but I can't seem to remove the clock widget. Any pointers?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    I would like to try NiLs but I can't seem to remove the clock widget. Any pointers?
    You don't need to remove the clock widget, just download the nils floating panel add on and use that. You notifications will then appear below the stock weather widget.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    It doesn't seem to be working with pattern unlock. After so many notifications build up when you try to unlock the phone, when you attempt to swipe your pattern it catches the notification first, if you haven't dismissed it.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I use NiLs with the floating panel. It is awesome and even allows me to do things such as delete mail or mark texts as read right from the lock screen. Here are some pics and links, its free to download, but to get themes, I'm using iSeven theme, you have to purchase the full version for $1.99

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icationswidget
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.nilsplus

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-08 06.14.57.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	367.1 KB 
ID:	111375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-08 06.15.08.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	245.9 KB 
ID:	111373Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-08 06.15.03.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	265.1 KB 
ID:	111374
    Excellent set up

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    It doesn't seem to be working with pattern unlock. After so many notifications build up when you try to unlock the phone, when you attempt to swipe your pattern it catches the notification first, if you haven't dismissed it.
    As you move along away from the iPhone you'll learn about different launchers and lockscreens ..... I use Buzz launcher and widget locker.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    It doesn't seem to be working with pattern unlock. After so many notifications build up when you try to unlock the phone, when you attempt to swipe your pattern it catches the notification first, if you haven't dismissed it.
    Go into NiLs Floating panel settings and select "Hide on outside tap". That will hide your notifications when you slide up the unlock before you put in your pattern.
    Thanked by:
    Cyberdelia likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    Excellent set up

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks, took a while to get it to match Sense UI, but I was able to get it really close. works great.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Go into NiLs Floating panel settings and select "Hide on outside tap". That will hide your notifications when you slide up the unlock before you put in your pattern.
    Done. This is awesome! Thanks!
  14. #14  
    cdaq's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    How would you add this to the lock screen on a Verizon M8? I'm not seeing any way to add a widget to the lockscreen.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
    How would you add this to the lock screen on a Verizon M8? I'm not seeing any way to add a widget to the lockscreen.
    I just installed the app, along with the floating panel. I didn't add the widget. I bought the full version ($1.99) and installed the iSeven theme, and it simply shows up on the lock screen. Blends nicely, looks like it's part of Sense after some visual tweaks.
  16. #16  
    cdaq's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lock screen notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    I just installed the app, along with the floating panel. I didn't add the widget. I bought the full version ($1.99) and installed the iSeven theme, and it simply shows up on the lock screen. Blends nicely, looks like it's part of Sense after some visual tweaks.
    That did it, thanks! I only installed the floating panel, needed the app too.

Posting Permissions