Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ironbesterer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transferring contacts from phone to Google:

So I myself have the LG g2 and loving it! However, my buddy just switched from iPhone to the M8. Proud of him! Great phone to be ushered into android world with.

So he loaded all his contacts onto the phone. I made him realize the difference between phone and Google contacts. Now we want to get them onto Google. I haven't been on Sense since 4.0 so I cannot find the sync button on how to upload his 100 or so contacts from phone space to Google account. WITHOUT having to manually recreate each contact under Google account.

It just seems to me, I remember each contact having a drop down box for where you wanted that contact to be saved, and I didn't seem to find that option anymore. Thanks guys!

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

Default Re: Transferring contacts from phone to Google:

In settings, go to accounts, sign into Google, then sync contacts. Profit.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8
    UJ95x likes this.

Default Re: Transferring contacts from phone to Google:

Quote Originally Posted by sljohnson84 View Post
    So I myself have the LG g2 and loving it! However, my buddy just switched from iPhone to the M8. Proud of him! Great phone to be ushered into android world with.

So he loaded all his contacts onto the phone. I made him realize the difference between phone and Google contacts. Now we want to get them onto Google. I haven't been on Sense since 4.0 so I cannot find the sync button on how to upload his 100 or so contacts from phone space to Google account. WITHOUT having to manually recreate each contact under Google account.

It just seems to me, I remember each contact having a drop down box for where you wanted that contact to be saved, and I didn't seem to find that option anymore. Thanks guys!

Open the people app>settings>manage contacts>copy

Here you can select all contacts in phone and move them to Google. Or you can export as well which creates a file and then do an import to Google account.

Mobile Devices: Nexus 5 32GB Black
    Carrier: AT&T
    Computer: MacBook Pro (2012) 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
    Other devices: iPad Mini

The Basics: Unlocking and Rooting - http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...hing-roms.html