Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gunmetal vs. Gold vs. Silver - AND why?

Hey guys, I'm apparently one of the few waiting to buy the M8 on here in hope that the Silver model will make its way to Sprint this Friday. I've tried out all three colors at various stores now, although I only got a few minutes on the Silver, which wasn't activated at the time so I couldn't do much with it. Basically I'm looking for some opinions on why you all like the color option you do, there was that other thread for color discussion but it was more of just a "cast your vote" than a state your reasoning.

Default Re: Gunmetal vs. Gold vs. Silver - AND why?

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Hey guys, I'm apparently one of the few waiting to buy the M8 on here in hope that the Silver model will make its way to Sprint this Friday. I've tried out all three colors at various stores now, although I only got a few minutes on the Silver, which wasn't activated at the time so I couldn't do much with it. Basically I'm looking for some opinions on why you all like the color option you do, there was that other thread for color discussion but it was more of just a "cast your vote" than a state your reasoning.
    I'm waiting for the Silver on ATT. I've played with the Grey and Silver and I just prefer the looks of the Silver model. I can't really explain why but the Grey doesn't appeal to me and Best Buy can't handle EDGE so the Gold is out (didn't really want it anyway). I really like the feel of the Silver also. I don't hate the grey and if it were the only color I probably would get it but I would also look harder at the S5. If it doesn't come this Friday to ATT I will definitely look harder at the S5 but if Silver does come I will buy it immediately.

I like the silver the best. It looks great and it reminds me of the old HTC One.

Not a fan of the gold, but the gun metal and silver are a tough choice. I like the colors better of the gun metal with the black accents, but I don't like the brushed effect, i like the flat look of the silver, also the gun metal is kinda slippery, haven't touch the silver but if its like the m7 then it should be a little grippier. I wish the gun metal was flat like the iPhone 5s.

Wanted gold but VZW is only selling the gunmetal right now, so GM it is. I'm actually happy that they aren't selling the gold because I rather dig the gunmetal...

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I went with silver. I like the look of silver better and I think it will hide any small scratches better, since I like to go naked. I think if the gold or grey scratch it will be more noticeable because the scratch will most likely be silver in color.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I have a silver m7 and even though I really liked it, I kinda like the gunmetal better. My girlfriend has the black m7 and I even liked that a little better than the silver. AT&T also only had the gunmetal when we both ordered the m8, it has definitely grown on me.

Posted via Android Central App

I really wanted the gold for some reason, just because it was bright and something different. I went with the GM at Verizon because I didn't want to try and deal with BB for edge. The silver reminded me of the m7 so I didn't want that, so GM it was. A little slick, but damn is it sleek looking

After checking out the gold version at BB, and I'm definitely getting it. In my opinion it looks more like copper than gold, so I think that gives it a more sophisticated look, instead of the bling look.

Will there be any Golds on Friday for Sprint & AT&T?

I'm really happy with the gunmetal grey colour with the brushed aluminium effect it looks awesome but my second choice would be silver. Still really nice.

Posted via my HTC One_M8 using the Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by dabunique View Post
    Will there be any Golds on Friday for Sprint & AT&T?
    Gold is already available, you just have to get it via Best Buy since it's their exclusive.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Called ATT before and they said silver will be available 4/25
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Grokr View Post
    Were you talking with sales? I tried a chat just now with them and all I got was "check back soon". Haven't been able to get any more than that out of Sprint or Best Buy either. Really hope it's going to be this Friday rather than the 25th, I'm extremely aware that I'm as far into the first world problem zone as I can get, but holding out for this is driving me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokr View Post
    I hope this is true based on what I've heard from store reps so far, I have been into the store twice now and talked to a telesales manager and no one knows anything and some were predicting it is months away (no real basis for these claims were given beyond their own personal speculation, however).

Gunmetal here.. My M7 was silver, decided on mixing it up a bit so not to confuse it with my wifes new (my old) M7.

Silver because it reminds me of the M7, and that is still a beautiful phone. And, it just has a overall fresh look to it. But, Gold is my personal favorite. It just looks so good on phones, and it isn't too bright or gaudy.

Easily, Glacial Silver is the best IMO. AT&T and HTC missed a trick or two in not making the Glacial Silver M8 available anywhere. I hope they fix it soon. I have 2 in my family who wanted a Silver M8 and picked up a Galaxy S5 in white, instead. I chose to wait for the Silver to become available with AT&T. Painful to wait with no clarity to when this will be available.

Can't vote via app
    I always prefer grey to silver in cars .. apparently that has carried over to phones because I didn't even ask what other colors were available.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Like pretty much everyone else, I have the gunmetal...but, since I don't LIKE to be like everybody else, I WANT the silver...

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

I like the gun Metal gray. I've owned nothing but black phones and sliver is the new black.... Gun metal is a nice time balance between the two colors.

Gunmetal. I think it looks awesome.
    omgitsjoe likes this.