HTC One (M8): Bluetooth streaming skipping beats.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Every song will skip very briefly a couple times. Two different BT speakers. Hopefully just a software thing. Anyone else?
Haven't factory reset yet and I won't until I unlock/root. (Get my hands on a damn PC)
Soooo yeah...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: M8 Bluetooth streaming skipping beats.

I use power amp for music the bluetooth streaming in my car is fine.
I did have skipping the other day but that must have been the mp3s because it hasn't done it on any other tracks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

elykoj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

I had that happen once using music from Google music player. I just shut Bluetooth off and back on and it was fine. No more skipping

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

That's been happening to me too, though not sure if its a BT issue or the phone audio, as it has happened twice while using the phone speakers.

This has happened to me while streaming Hulu, music, and pocketcasts over BT, and theb2 times it happened over the phone speakers I was using pocketcasts.

Also it happens at random, sometimes it does it every couple of minutes and other times it won't do it at all. Very strange, but probably a software thing so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

That's been happening to me too, though not sure if its a BT issue or the phone audio, as it has happened twice while using the phone speakers.

This has happened to me while streaming Hulu, music, and pocketcasts over BT, and theb2 times it happened over the phone speakers I was using pocketcasts.

Also it happens at random, sometimes it does it every couple of minutes and other times it won't do it at all. Very strange, but probably a software thing so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Yeah that's kinda how it is for me too. And it is with different apps too. I've used spotify, pandora, and beats music and it happened with all of them. So I'm betting it is a software bug because I've had this same issue on my note 2 and it was fixed with a different ROM. Its just annoying right now.

And I haven't had it happen through the phone speakers.

Forum Signature: Cuties has a juice now! (I don't work for Cuties, I just really like it)

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

My Music skips every once in a while when i refresh my email or BlinkFeed

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

I have this problem regularly streaming music from the Google Play app via Bluetooth to my Chevy Volt. It skips so badly it's utterly unusable. I aubergine tried deleting the pairing in both ends and repairing, restarting the phone and the radio, turning Bluetooth on and off, and opening/closing the music app on the phone.

Nothing helps.

But oddly, after doing nothing different, the streaming works fine. I'm pretty sure it's the HTC and not my car because I streamed music from a Samsung Galaxy S4 for six months and never once had this problem.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I have this problem regularly streaming music from the Google Play app via Bluetooth to my Chevy Volt. It skips so badly it's utterly unusable. I aubergine tried deleting the pairing in both ends and repairing, restarting the phone and the radio, turning Bluetooth on and off, and opening/closing the music app on the phone.

Nothing helps.

But oddly, after doing nothing different, the streaming works fine. I'm pretty sure it's the HTC and not my car because I streamed music from a Samsung Galaxy S4 for six months and never once had this problem.

So its all OK now?
Mine still skips a lot with Bluetooth streaming. It must be a software thing.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Mine did this the first drive after pairing the phone with my car, and has not done it since (4 days).

BloodiedWraith

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site

Mine has been doing this, too. I've got mine paired up with a 2013 Camaro SS and it seems like every couple of days I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on for it to stream without skipping. However, today when I did that it didn't stop it from skipping so I just gave up trying to listen to Google Play Music on my way home. Definitely a software bug and I wonder if the new update that's coming out that includes extreme power saver mode will fix it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Mine has been doing this, too. I've got mine paired up with a 2013 Camaro SS and it seems like every couple of days I have to turn off the phone and turn it back on for it to stream without skipping. However, today when I did that it didn't stop it from skipping so I just gave up trying to listen to Google Play Music on my way home. Definitely a software bug and I wonder if the new update that's coming out that includes extreme power saver mode will fix it.

That would be nice if it does. And hopefully soon. BTW nice car:)

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Not had any skipping with Bluetooth music streaming in my car.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site

So its all OK now?
Mine still skips a lot with Bluetooth streaming. It must be a software thing.

It's ok now but every couple of days it happens again. The fix is...well, I have no idea. I just don't listen to Bluetooth and then try again the next day and it works fine.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

It's ok now but every couple of days it happens again. The fix is...well, I have no idea. I just don't listen to Bluetooth and then try again the next day and it works fine.

Hopefully the fix is coming and soon.

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Bluetooth skips for me too. Also noticed the phone skipping while using headphones - I've noticed it while using Poweramp and Play music.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Bluetooth skips for me too. Also noticed the phone skipping while using headphones - I've noticed it while using Poweramp and Play music.

I've had it skip like maybe two or three times total through headphones. And it was even less noticeable, so maybe it was just me.

dlarej15

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Happens to me too and I realized when my pebble watch is connected it would do skip. As soon as I disconnect my pebble every thing worked fine.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Had the phone for about 9 days now. I have it synced to my 2012 Lincoln which has the MS Sync and the THX II sound system. The car is the only place where I listen to music via the Bluetooth and I've not experienced any of the skipping problems related above. I suspect that the interruptions are being caused by some app that is updating for syncing. That just my guess. I also have to say that the sound I'm getting is very good, the thx II system can be pretty unforgiving about poor quality source. I mainly use mp3's that are 320 bit files and the phone/car have no issues playing those and doing a really great job of it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Had the phone for about 9 days now. I have it synced to my 2012 Lincoln which has the MS Sync and the THX II sound system. The car is the only place where I listen to music via the Bluetooth and I've not experienced any of the skipping problems related above. I suspect that the interruptions are being caused by some app that is updating for syncing. That just my guess. I also have to say that the sound I'm getting is very good, the thx II system can be pretty unforgiving about poor quality source. I mainly use mp3's that are 320 bit files and the phone/car have no issues playing those and doing a really great job of it.

The sound quality has been great for me as well except for the skipping. And what do you mean updating for syncing?

haevolution

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

The sound quality has been great for me as well except for the skipping. And what do you mean updating for syncing?

I'm guessing the thinking is some app is running in the background interrupting the music which should not be a factor but may be the problem. Never had this in any other phone I have owned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol