So I'm having a problem where I'm constantly unlocking the phone with the gestures, the slide to unlocks while the screen is off, but I want to keep the double tap as I won't have to reach the power button and that one works really wellso far I have only found a way to turn them all off.
    04-08-2014 05:09 AM
    I don't think you can turn off individual ones. I think they are all on or all off. I could definitely see how this might be a problem to some.

Maybe they add the ability to turn off individual gestures in an update? Definitely would help some people

Posted via Android Central App
    04-08-2014 09:48 AM
    I just wish you could change the swipe gestures to open a different app. Would love to have the swipe left open the text messaging app.
    04-08-2014 09:58 AM
    I'm about to turn off gestures as the phone keeps getting unlocked. It's more of a pain in the *** than just reaching for the power button.
    04-08-2014 10:54 AM
    I just wish you could change the swipe gestures to open a different app. Would love to have the swipe left open the text messaging app.
    agreed !
    04-08-2014 12:33 PM
    I really wish the double tap to turn on was on other devices as well. I keep double tapping my Nexus 7 and expecting it to turn on!!
    04-08-2014 02:42 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I can't pick up the phone without unlocking the screen. I should probably just go to power button only. My One X pocket emailed a bunch of my customers once. I can't imagine what trouble this M8 will get me into...
    04-08-2014 03:06 PM
    Question I have... Is there anyway to turn off the vibrate when using the gestures?

Sent from my HTC One M8
    04-08-2014 03:08 PM
    Mine kept unlocking too. Just turn on security. This way you can't do too much damage and no one can access your phone when you leave it somewhere. (IE: Someone left their iPhone in the bathroom today. I found it's way to the lost and found, not the toilet...)

The one thing that I haven't been able to find is the banner to display another person's contact information if you do forget your phone somewhere...
    04-08-2014 03:18 PM
    Mine kept unlocking too. Just turn on security. This way you can't do too much damage and no one can access your phone when you leave it somewhere. (IE: Someone left their iPhone in the bathroom today. I found it's way to the lost and found, not the toilet...)

The one thing that I haven't been able to find is the banner to display another person's contact information if you do forget your phone somewhere...
    I am on day 2 with the phone and this has been a big frustration so far. I will try this and see. Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-08-2014 03:54 PM