Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lockscreen security feature

While I understand the reasoning behind the whole wipe-device-after-ten-incorrect-attempts-to-unlock thing, it kinda freaks me out. For instance, if the phone is jostling around in my pocket, is there any risk of accidentally wiping my M8? Or if a toddler gets his hands on my phone?

Has anyone had a problem with this yet?

I'd really prefer if, instead of wiping, the device would just lock and require remote unlocking or something.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Lockscreen security feature

Anybody gotten wiped because of pocket movement?

There are a ton of devices that have similar features, and I've never heard of it being an issue. If you have children, then I could see keeping your phone away from them being important so that they don't result in your device being wiped.

Beyond that, I'm happy to have a feature that will prevent a thief from having access to my personal data. Having had devices lost/stolen before, I'm grateful for this.

Posted via Android Central App

My One keeps acting up in my pocket. I have the pattern unlock enabled but somehow once in a while when I pull it out of my pocket the camera app is open. I have no idea how the camera opens because no matter what I try, I can't get the camera to open on purpose while it's locked.

My cat also stepped on it while it was on the table, activated the screen, and opened the emergency dialer; at least it wasn't the pattern unlock.

So while chances may be slim for it to be wiped, I'd say it's possible.

What's odd is that my ATT version doesn't do a wipe after 10 tries.

If you think about it, 10 times is quite a bit, but I agree. I'd like to be able to turn off this feature. If I find someone's phone and I'm dishonest, I'll do the 10 times, let it reset, then put in my own sim and I now have a new phone.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I had 27 missed Skype calls from my toddler nephew this morning. Damn right I'm turning security off when he's around!