Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Default Re: Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?

If anyone was thinking about trying out art and you're happy with the battery you have, don't use it. Its probably taken back that 20% boost in battery HTC had talked about over the M7.

Default Re: Droid Life review says M8 battery not good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Actually they are pro nexus/moto and love to hate Samsung. Not sure how "their" usage determines how others will feel. Too many people get up in arms over it. Like the old adage, your usage may vary. Same goes for battery life. A ton of factors go into battery life so just because person x isn't getting great battery life doesn't mean person y will have same results.
    I am going to have to disagree to some point here, if you have listened to the last two podcast they dissed the M8 entirely except the kid that just graduated college. They were like do we really have to talk about the M8 this device is not worth it camera sucks, battery sucks, then proceed to state lets move on to what will be a great phone SG5 on two podcast so not sure where you get the idea that they hate samsung not true only the college dude and the apple guy hates samsung the other two love samsung and they are the dominate voices of Droidlife. I still love their work but they were very hard on the M8 and would not recommend it to anyone even if it came down to the moto x just because the camera is not 16megs or 8 megs the entire device gets dissed.
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    Thanked by:
    ugxvibe and Dizfunctions like this.

Default Re: Droid Life review says M8 battery not good ?

Got the m8 yesterday. Walked out of radio shack with the phone say at close to 40 percent charged after having it set up and everything transferred over. I spent from 6pm til about midnight doing set ups and re signing into apps and settings, and than got to enjoy the phone for facebook and such. By midnight I knew my phone was close to 3 percent left. I checked Gsam and was pretty impressed that i got about 6 hours on 30 percent battery with pretty heavy use. It's charging right now, so I cannot wait to see how long it will last on a full charge.

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

I only get 3 hours tops of screen on time. Seems too little, from what I've been reading. I have wifi, mobile data and GPS always on and mostly use 4g since I don't have wifi at work. Is this normal?
    Some GSam battery monitor screenshots :
    Xda Developers...
    Xda Developers...

Cheers

You don't need to post the same question in 4 different threads.
    I think 3 hours is a little short. Wondering if maybe your 4G signal is spotty at times?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock 4.1.1 jelly bean

I don't think so, I have 70mbits speed where I work. But how do I check that?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12