Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Each and every review I have come across praises the battery on the M8. I know for sure that it's excellent.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I frequent that site from time to time. Nothing but Nexus, Moto and Samsung fan boys. As the poster above stated, the two main editors hate HTC. I didn't take their "review" seriously at all. They are nowhere near the professionalism of most other Android sites, so I would not worry about their heavily influenced opinions.

Yea, it seems to me that they intentionally try talk people out of getting HTC phones in their articles/reviews. I have been part of the comment section trying to defend this phone.. I don't even know why I try, being called a troll for defending a phone that I own rather than bashing a phone I do not own. I am done with that site for good.

Onto battery life.. it's great.

Bonzaibeck

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been absolutely outstanding. After the M7 I wasn't expecting much, but I have been completely blown away by how long the battery has been lasting. I got almost two complete days out of the battery. Full disclosure it wasn't my busiest day as it was a weekend, but the fact that I can stretch it to almost two days makes me very confident in the phones ability to handle a heavy day of activity.

Battery Life.jpg

cizzlen

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it seems to me that they intentionally try talk people out of getting HTC phones in their articles/reviews. I have been part of the comment section trying to defend this phone.. I don't even know why I try, being called a troll for defending a phone that I own rather than bashing a phone I do not own. I am done with that site for good.

Onto battery life.. it's great.

[url]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/13740602195_eef60c2d83.jpg[/url]

Same here man. That site is a complete joke now, plain and simple. I just go there out of habit as I've been frequenting since the OG Droid days.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll go ahead and post this up in here too. 7hrs screen on time, not too shabby

uploadfromtaptalk1397109982083.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397109997756.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If anyone was thinking about trying out art and you're happy with the battery you have, don't use it. Its probably taken back that 20% boost in battery HTC had talked about over the M7.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid Life review says M8 battery not good ?

Actually they are pro nexus/moto and love to hate Samsung. Not sure how "their" usage determines how others will feel. Too many people get up in arms over it. Like the old adage, your usage may vary. Same goes for battery life. A ton of factors go into battery life so just because person x isn't getting great battery life doesn't mean person y will have same results.

I am going to have to disagree to some point here, if you have listened to the last two podcast they dissed the M8 entirely except the kid that just graduated college. They were like do we really have to talk about the M8 this device is not worth it camera sucks, battery sucks, then proceed to state lets move on to what will be a great phone SG5 on two podcast so not sure where you get the idea that they hate samsung not true only the college dude and the apple guy hates samsung the other two love samsung and they are the dominate voices of Droidlife. I still love their work but they were very hard on the M8 and would not recommend it to anyone even if it came down to the moto x just because the camera is not 16megs or 8 megs the entire device gets dissed.

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Droid Life review says M8 battery not good ?

Got the m8 yesterday. Walked out of radio shack with the phone say at close to 40 percent charged after having it set up and everything transferred over. I spent from 6pm til about midnight doing set ups and re signing into apps and settings, and than got to enjoy the phone for facebook and such. By midnight I knew my phone was close to 3 percent left. I checked Gsam and was pretty impressed that i got about 6 hours on 30 percent battery with pretty heavy use. It's charging right now, so I cannot wait to see how long it will last on a full charge.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I only get 3 hours tops of screen on time. Seems too little, from what I've been reading. I have wifi, mobile data and GPS always on and mostly use 4g since I don't have wifi at work. Is this normal?
Some GSam battery monitor screenshots :
Xda Developers...
Xda Developers...

Cheers

pootyash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
You don't need to post the same question in 4 different threads.
I think 3 hours is a little short. Wondering if maybe your 4G signal is spotty at times?

Posted via Android Central App