Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?

DroidLife; HTC One (M8) Review
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/07/htc-one-m8-review/

Battery life sucks on the M8 ?

HTC claims that the new One (M8) could see upwards of 40% better battery life over last years M7, but Im not Im buying it. I saw average battery life in my testing on the 2,600mAh battery that wasnt necessarily greatly improved over last years One. My testing typically includes multiple days in a row of nothing but 4G LTE, followed by a few with WiFi mixed in. On 4G LTE-only days, my phone was almost always begging for a charger after 10-12 hours of use and around 3 hours of screen-on time.

Per this review they say battery life is average at best, and not that good, only getting 3h On Screen time, and overall just like 10h - 12h of total battery life on the phone, and with WiFi on they get 14 hours total battery life.

I thought all the real world reviews of people, and other sites were raving about the battery life on this new One M8 ? getting like 5h to 6h On Screen time ?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-08-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07

Default Re: Droid Life review says M8 battery not good ?

Battery life is excellent. Period end of story.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 3:

Yeah, they're the only ones saying it's not excellent. I wouldn't worry.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    cizzlen likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

After reading more about that DroidLife site, they seem very pro Samsung #1, and then Nexus devices #2, and anything else just sucks. Also one of the reviewers is known to be an HTC hater, per the comment section of regulars on that site.
    Nexus 4 running on Straight Talk AT&T
    [ROM] Official CM10.1 Nightly 4.2.2
    Kernel - Matrix v8.5

HTC "international" One X
    [ROM] CM10 Nightly
    [Kernel] Bricked v.07
    Thanked by:
    cizzlen likes this.

Battery life varies greatly depending on how and where it was used. On my note 3, I can get anywhere from 2.5-10hrs of screen on time.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

My battery life has been great so far. Much better than my iPhone 5s. I also disabled all the crapware that is preinstalled.
    cizzlen likes this.

I get better battery life on my M8 than I do my Note 3. All depends on the person and how the phone is used.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Current Devices: Note 4, Moto X, HTC One M8, 2013 Nexus 7

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, LG G3, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    cizzlen likes this.

My battery has been excellent as well. I have noticed on a couple occasions that the Weather app will go rogue and suck up battery, but turning off auto update and a soft reset seems to fix it.
    cizzlen likes this.

Also excellent battery life. I own the m7 as well and I had to buy the mophie battery case to help out. The m8 is a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    cizzlen likes this.

I've had mine since launch day, and have never ran out of battery. I usually leave for work at 8am, and don't get home until 11pm-midnight. I usually send about 200 texts, 10 emails, and spend about 2 hours on facebook/twitter. Yesterday was actually the first time I got the low battery notification, and I was playing Dead Trigger 2 for almost 3 hours.
    cizzlen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    After reading more about that DroidLife site, they seem very pro Samsung #1, and then Nexus devices #2, and anything else just sucks. Also one of the reviewers is known to be an HTC hater, per the comment section of regulars on that site.
    Actually they are pro nexus/moto and love to hate Samsung. Not sure how "their" usage determines how others will feel. Too many people get up in arms over it. Like the old adage, your usage may vary. Same goes for battery life. A ton of factors go into battery life so just because person x isn't getting great battery life doesn't mean person y will have same results.
    cizzlen likes this.

I'm a normal to heavy user and get a low battery about every other day since receiving it last week. I have yet to go below 15%, though before hitting the end of the day and plugging in for the night.
    (I use 15% as my cutoff for charging. It must go on the charger at that point.)

Caution: Soapbox Rant Below:
    Here's what I don't understand. Most who complain about the battery life are complaining that they can't go longer than 1 day. Why are they complaining about that? Just plug it in each night before going to bed. Why do I need to last longer than 1 day? Stupid in my opinion. These are not cellphones, they are mini laptop computers that can also make phone calls. You wouldn't expect your laptop to last longer than 8 hours, so why are you surprised that your mini-computer won't last longer than 1 day. Those people get on my nerves.

OK. Stepping down off my soapbox. Carry on.
    Last edited by scottysize; 04-15-2014 at 08:59 AM. Reason: I'm no longer a constant heavy user. Had to remove that part.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?

My battery life has been excellent as well. I wake up at 5am for work and it doesn't go on the charger until the following day at 10pm when I go to bed. I'm a moderate user so I know this probably isn't typical, but it has still amazed me how efficient this phone is.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Don't believe the hype.

The m8 has tremendous battery life.
    cizzlen likes this.

Battery life is great for me so far. Even as I was reading their review yesterday, I was at 14 hours up time, 3 hours screen on time, and still at a little over 50% battery remaining. So, easily double what they mentioned in their review.

I don't think you should worry.

cizzlen likes this.

Battery life has been fairing pretty well for me. And this is fairly heavy usage. At least 2 hours worth of gaming. Not including how often I play words with friends. Texting the whole day, internet, forums, emails and so on.

cizzlen likes this.

I've had this phone for almost a week (on Sprint in Dallas, which has Spark LTE). I'm on LTE/3G all day at work and on WiFi when at home. I'm usually over 50% battery left by the time I leave the office, with moderate use (push e-mail from work Outlook, various social media apps, text messages, Facebook Messenger, phone calls etc.). I have GPS turned on as well as auto-brightness. Historically, my phone signal at my desk is one or two bars at best. I'm getting around 15+ hours on a charge, which includes 4+ hours of screen time. This is way better than my previous EVO 4G LTE under the same circumstances. In my case, I'm very pleased with the battery life. Of course, YMMV.

Frederick

I frequent that site from time to time. Nothing but Nexus, Moto and Samsung fan boys. As the poster above stated, the two main editors hate HTC. I didn't take their "review" seriously at all. They are nowhere near the professionalism of most other Android sites, so I would not worry about their heavily influenced opinions.
    ugxvibe and B0WIE like this.

I'm almost at 10 hours off charger with 68% left

cizzlen likes this.

Honestly, the one way to tell if battery life is good is to handle and experience the phone on a daily basis.

I don't listen to reviews. I buy phones on my own standards.
    ugxvibe, cizzlen and Premium1 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Each and every review I have come across praises the battery on the M8. I know for sure that it's excellent.

cizzlen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cizzlen View Post
    I frequent that site from time to time. Nothing but Nexus, Moto and Samsung fan boys. As the poster above stated, the two main editors hate HTC. I didn't take their "review" seriously at all. They are nowhere near the professionalism of most other Android sites, so I would not worry about their heavily influenced opinions.
    Yea, it seems to me that they intentionally try talk people out of getting HTC phones in their articles/reviews. I have been part of the comment section trying to defend this phone.. I don't even know why I try, being called a troll for defending a phone that I own rather than bashing a phone I do not own. I am done with that site for good.

Onto battery life.. it's great.

Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    cizzlen likes this.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

My battery life has been absolutely outstanding. After the M7 I wasn't expecting much, but I have been completely blown away by how long the battery has been lasting. I got almost two complete days out of the battery. Full disclosure it wasn't my busiest day as it was a weekend, but the fact that I can stretch it to almost two days makes me very confident in the phones ability to handle a heavy day of activity.

Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?-battery-life.jpg
    Thanked by:
    cizzlen and Dizfunctions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
    Yea, it seems to me that they intentionally try talk people out of getting HTC phones in their articles/reviews. I have been part of the comment section trying to defend this phone.. I don't even know why I try, being called a troll for defending a phone that I own rather than bashing a phone I do not own. I am done with that site for good.

Onto battery life.. it's great.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/...eef60c2d83.jpg
    Same here man. That site is a complete joke now, plain and simple. I just go there out of habit as I've been frequenting since the OG Droid days.

I'll go ahead and post this up in here too. 7hrs screen on time, not too shabby

Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?-uploadfromtaptalk1397109982083.jpg

Droid Life review says HTC One (M8) battery not good?-uploadfromtaptalk1397109997756.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    mysterygirl likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast