HTC One (M8) booted from benchmark for "cheating"

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: M8 booted from benchmark for "cheating"

I didn't care about benchmarks back 4 years ago. Only thing that matters to me is real world hands on performance. If it works for me then I'm happy.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm also firmly in the "benchmarks are ridiculous" camp, but I don't understand why it matters that the M8 runs in high performance mode on them. The case where it matters is other demanding software, not browsers, texting and other simple apps like that. As long as it's possible for the phone to run at those speeds on the benchmarks during, for instance, gaming, (which it does) I don't know what the problem is.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The question of who is or who is not cheating is pretty boring. The question of the larger purpose of the test is much more interesting. Do we want to know real world simulation comparisons or the maximum theoretical performance of the kit under self defined conditions and parameters?

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

The question of who is or who is not cheating is pretty boring. The question of the larger purpose of the test is much more interesting. Do we want to know real world simulation comparisons or the maximum theoretical performance of the kit under self defined conditions and parameters?

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

No.....

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I'll agree on that. No I'm not really interested in the maxed out test lab specs done for benchmarking. The average consumer will rarely or never hit those maxed out marks so I don't think its really relevant. I mean its cool and all reading what they can achieve but will it affect your buying decision? Doubt it. Most are concerned with battery life and basic/comment stats.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I agree as well. The geek in me loves to see what the hardware is capable of, but in no way does it affect which device I will buy.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

No.....

No you don't want to know either or there is a third unlisted purpose of benchmarks that isn't real or theoretical performance that we should pay attention to?

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I do believe there is a setting you can enable that will run your hardware at full power at all times as well...battery life be damned!

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

The real question is, does anyone find the M8 running stock speeds too slow?
I don't think most people care what benchmarks show if the phone is faster than a fox in a forest fire normally.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The real question is, does anyone find the M8 running stock speeds too slow?
I don't think most people care what benchmarks show if the phone is faster than a fox in a forest fire normally.

Hehe. I agree. That's what matters the most

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox