Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Anyone succeeded in transferring whatsapp data from your old phone to M8?how

Also, Can you redownload the media from the restored conversations?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone succeeded in transferring whatsapp data from your old phone to M8?how

C'mon guys,anyone.

Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

Default Re: Anyone succeeded in transferring whatsapp data from your old phone to M8?how

I dont use the regular app..I use whatsapp+ myself. If you have a cloud sync backup service you should be able to back up the data from the app, then restore it once you reinstall it on your new device. Thats not how I do it but logically it should work
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    I dont use the regular app..I use whatsapp+ myself. If you have a cloud sync backup service you should be able to back up the data from the app, then restore it once you reinstall it on your new device. Thats not how I do it but logically it should work
    Its off topic but, are modified apps like Whatsapp+ safe, and do I need root? I have been wanting a black themed YouTube app for a while.

Global Posts
    6,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by zizu101 View Post
    Its off topic but, are modified apps like Whatsapp+ safe, and do I need root? I have been wanting a black themed YouTube app for a while.

I haven't heard of Whatsapp Plus and I was unable to find it in the Play Store or in a Google search. As for the black YouTube app, the only way I know of getting it is to have a custom ROM that has a black theme. The one I'm on has that option. You do need root for that though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I haven't heard of Whatsapp Plus and I was unable to find it in the Play Store or in a Google search. As for the black YouTube app, the only way I know of getting it is to have a custom ROM that has a black theme. The one I'm on has that option. You do need root for that though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Damn. Oh well...

Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

basically its a heavily modified version of the app..that allows user made themes etc.. I can point you in the right direction if you wish. but its alittle tricky to install unless you have a backup program to back up data from the original app. You still need to have time left on the sub for whatsapp, so its not ripping off the developers, or at least still be on the free year (if you dont then you cant use it but hell its only .99 cents a year!), asking a mod if its ok to post links if you are interested
    Last edited by Tower72; 04-09-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

Well got my answer...in keeping with the forum rules, I will not post a link to the program or explain how to install it here. I guess the creators of Whatsapp have been asking sites to remove links to the + program as it infringes on their property

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    Well got my answer...in keeping with the forum rules, I will not post a link to the program or explain how to install it here. I guess the creators of Whatsapp have been asking sites to remove links to the + program as it infringes on their property
    Indeed. Discussion is alright, but sharing instructions, links, or materials is not. I appreciate the message, and for anyone interested, here's WhatsApp's stance on the matter.