Anyone succeeded in transferring whatsapp data from your old phone to M8?how

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont use the regular app..I use whatsapp+ myself. If you have a cloud sync backup service you should be able to back up the data from the app, then restore it once you reinstall it on your new device. Thats not how I do it but logically it should work

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I dont use the regular app..I use whatsapp+ myself. If you have a cloud sync backup service you should be able to back up the data from the app, then restore it once you reinstall it on your new device. Thats not how I do it but logically it should work

Its off topic but, are modified apps like Whatsapp+ safe, and do I need root? I have been wanting a black themed YouTube app for a while.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Its off topic but, are modified apps like Whatsapp+ safe, and do I need root? I have been wanting a black themed YouTube app for a while.

I haven't heard of Whatsapp Plus and I was unable to find it in the Play Store or in a Google search. As for the black YouTube app, the only way I know of getting it is to have a custom ROM that has a black theme. The one I'm on has that option. You do need root for that though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard of Whatsapp Plus and I was unable to find it in the Play Store or in a Google search. As for the black YouTube app, the only way I know of getting it is to have a custom ROM that has a black theme. The one I'm on has that option. You do need root for that though

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Damn. Oh well...

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
basically its a heavily modified version of the app..that allows user made themes etc.. I can point you in the right direction if you wish. but its alittle tricky to install unless you have a backup program to back up data from the original app. You still need to have time left on the sub for whatsapp, so its not ripping off the developers, or at least still be on the free year (if you dont then you cant use it but hell its only .99 cents a year!), asking a mod if its ok to post links if you are interested

Last edited:

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well got my answer...in keeping with the forum rules, I will not post a link to the program or explain how to install it here. I guess the creators of Whatsapp have been asking sites to remove links to the + program as it infringes on their property :D

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well got my answer...in keeping with the forum rules, I will not post a link to the program or explain how to install it here. I guess the creators of Whatsapp have been asking sites to remove links to the + program as it infringes on their property :D

Indeed. Discussion is alright, but sharing instructions, links, or materials is not. :) I appreciate the message, and for anyone interested, here's WhatsApp's stance on the matter.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy