Htc transfer tool error

HAIL2DSKINS

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to transfer my music from my HTC One M7 to my new HTC One M8. I have installed the HTC transfer tool and i keep getting and message that says an error occured, WIFI connection failed. It will start to download approximatly 20 songs then it stops and this message pops up. Anyone have any idea how I can correct this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to transfer my music from my HTC One M7 to my new HTC One M8. I have installed the HTC transfer tool and i keep getting and message that says an error occured, WIFI connection failed. It will start to download approximatly 20 songs then it stops and this message pops up. Anyone have any idea how I can correct this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the HTC transfer tool, but if that doesn't work for you, you can transfer the music onto a computer and then back to the new phone. It's really easy, and probably as fast if not faster than the method you're trying :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the HTC transfer tool, but if that doesn't work for you, you can transfer the music onto a computer and then back to the new phone. It's really easy, and probably as fast if not faster than the method you're trying :)

Actually this method is the best and probably the fastest. I also had the issue and was too lazy to troubleshoot and fix it, just easier and faster to plug the usb cable into my computer and transfer everything that way.

Ice

CaptainOne

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I know it's not quite the same thing as the original post, but I am trying to use the HTC transfer tool to transfer my messages from my Samsung to my new M8. It seems to complete, and I've tried it a few times, but it says "Restore complete 0/0". All I am transferring is the messages. Anyone have any ideas for me to get this to work? Thanks.

HAIL2DSKINS

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I ended up using my computer to transfer all my music. Could not get the HTC Transfer Tool to work. Thanks

texas7

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I am having same issue and more interested in getting settings transferred ... I hate having reenter all WiFi passwords and other annoyances...

Vincentshn

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
do you try turning off "connections optimizer" on your m7 or m8...
support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Turn_Sprint_Connections_Optimizer_on_or_off_HTC_On ereg_max/49888-1469
I found connections optimizer may cut the wifi connection

MattyZee

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Any luck getting the messages across? I'm having the same problem. My old phone says 'backing up' gets about 95% of the way there, while my new HTC is waiting. Then they both say finished even though 0/0 of messages are actually transferred. the backup always gets stuck on 5730 of 5839 messages.