Click date / time to add calendar event

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been looking around, but can't seem to find a solution for this.

On my iPhone, when I would receive an e-mail that had a date and time, it would recognize it as a date or time (i.e., tomorrow evening, 2pm today, 3pm tomorrow, etc.) - I could then click that and choose create event in my calendar. I don't see anything like that available, or maybe my search terms are off.

Anyone know of a way to do this? It saved time for me as I used that feature quite often.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I just sent an email to myself similar to your examples with the gmail app and it didn't work. I don't think there are any settings for that either.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
According to Google is built into Gmail but I can't get that to work but the built in mail app had and add task option in the drop down menu. I tried it out and it seems to work. I do know that you need Google calendar installed on the rare occasions the feature does work with Gmail. That's in the Google help article. The built in mail app works with the Calendar/Task Manager built into the phone.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
According to Google is built into Gmail but I can't get that to work but the built in mail app had and add task option in the drop down menu. I tried it out and it seems to work. I do know that you need Google calendar installed on the rare occasions the feature does work with Gmail. That's in the Google help article. The built in mail app works with the Calendar/Task Manager built into the phone.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

The stock e-mail app doesn't automatically resize e-mails (for whatever reason I can't imagine) to fit the screen, so that's out. What Google help article are you referring to?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34