Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By icenija
  • 1 Post By icenija
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email

I always forget the setting. But can someone tell me how when I read email on my home computer or on my phone it will delete from the other place? I don't want to see emails twice. My windows live mail on my Windows 8 computer mail won't delete I hit delete and it doesn't do anything. Some do and some just stay and won't let me delete. But I want to be able to read my mail on phone lets say from work and then if I delete have it be gone from home computer. And if I read my mail sitting at my computer I don't need it to be on my phone. My husband wants the same and I am not sure how to set it up I forget. Thanks!

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default Re: Email

Quote Originally Posted by Rose4uKY View Post
    I always forget the setting. But can someone tell me how when I read email on my home computer or on my phone it will delete from the other place? I don't want to see emails twice. My windows live mail on my Windows 8 computer mail won't delete I hit delete and it doesn't do anything. Some do and some just stay and won't let me delete. But I want to be able to read my mail on phone lets say from work and then if I delete have it be gone from home computer. And if I read my mail sitting at my computer I don't need it to be on my phone. My husband wants the same and I am not sure how to set it up I forget. Thanks!
    Which email application are you using? Are you checking exchange email, gmail, hotmail? Are you using the stock email client?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry I am using the stock mail app for my regular home pop 3 email and I have a Yahoo I need to set up on the phone also. But I like when I read from one it deletes from other.

Quote Originally Posted by icenija View Post
    Which email application are you using? Are you checking exchange email, gmail, hotmail? Are you using the stock email client?

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Sorry I am using the stock mail app for my regular home pop 3 email and I have a Yahoo I need to set up on the phone also. But I like when I read from one it deletes from other.
    I use the stock mail app for my work email through exchange and it does exactly what you would like for it to do. I haven't set up my Yahoo mail because I don't use it that often but I will be using the yahoo app when I do and if I remember correctly there should be a setting to keep messages on the server or delete from the server which will do what you are requesting. Try setting things up on your phone and look through setting for that option.

Ice
    Rose4uKY likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I see a setting remove messages from phone when deleted on server under sync deleted items from server but it wasn't checked. And my delete mail on server is checked but the other wasn't. And I just noticed on my home computer it wasn't checked to delete mail on server and i checked it for delete after 5 days nothing was checked on my home computer. But my windows Live Mail app I downloaded for my windows 8 PC isn't working right anyway here lately and i can't delete mails it's weird. So I was hoping now if I delete from phone they would go away there. No need to see and read emails twice. My work uses Outlook Express I need to set it up to but I'll figure that out later I never had my work email on my phone but I'd like too. I'll ask someone at work later. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by icenija View Post
    I use the stock mail app for my work email through exchange and it does exactly what you would like for it to do. I haven't set up my Yahoo mail because I don't use it that often but I will be using the yahoo app when I do and if I remember correctly there should be a setting to keep messages on the server or delete from the server which will do what you are requesting. Try setting things up on your phone and look through setting for that option.

Ice

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I see a setting remove messages from phone when deleted on server under sync deleted items from server but it wasn't checked. And my delete mail on server is checked but the other wasn't. And I just noticed on my home computer it wasn't checked to delete mail on server and i checked it for delete after 5 days nothing was checked on my home computer. But my windows Live Mail app I downloaded for my windows 8 PC isn't working right anyway here lately and i can't delete mails it's weird. So I was hoping now if I delete from phone they would go away there. No need to see and read emails twice. My work uses Outlook Express I need to set it up to but I'll figure that out later I never had my work email on my phone but I'd like too. I'll ask someone at work later. Thanks!
    That is the correct setting and if you check it then it will delete mail off the server. You can actually have all your emails in one app and it seems the guys here at Android Central knew you were asking this question because they just put a tutorial up on their website.

How to set up and start using the Mail app in Sense 6 | Android Central

Ice
    Rose4uKY likes this.