Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Unlocked M8 and AT&T Visual Voice Mail

Has any one gotten Visual Voice Mail to work on the unlocked M8 on AT&T? I got my phone in the mail and was going to go port my number from Verizon but if this doesn't work I'm just going to return it to HTC.

Default Re: Unlocked M8 and AT&T Visual Voice Mail

No, it doesn't seem to be compatible. This could change in future updates to the app. I have switched over to google voice for my voicemail. Works just as well as the AT&T app.
    Current Devices: Note 4, Nexus 5, HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    Thanked by:
    Grokr 

Quote Originally Posted by Grokr View Post
    Has any one gotten Visual Voice Mail to work on the unlocked M8 on AT&T? I got my phone in the mail and was going to go port my number from Verizon but if this doesn't work I'm just going to return it to HTC.
    The HTC One is on their list of supported devices. I used to use the app until I switched my voicemail over to Google voice voicemail. It's free, provides visual voicemail, many additional features and works much better IMHO. Have you ever considered using it instead of the AT&T vvm app?

I too have the unlocked and use Google voice. Much better than the visual vm from att

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Thanks, I'm going to try the Google voice voicemail on my current phone and see if that works before returning it to HTC.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I was trying it out. It says that I have to port my number to Google if I want to use my current phone number with Google Voice. Is this the only way?

No. Get a new number for free from GV, you can then add your existing number to your GV account. I have 2 cellphones with their own mumbers. I also have a GV number. I added my 2 cell phones to my GV account and told GV and my phones to use GV voice mail. Works very well. You can even set up groups with different outgoing messages.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I was trying it out. It says that I have to port my number to Google if I want to use my current phone number with Google Voice. Is this the only way?
    No you don't have to port your number. Go to Google voice and setup a free account. You can get the full version with a Google voice number or the lite version that just gives you voicemail services. https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115127?hl=en
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Thanks for everyone's help. I set up a free account and the app on my current phone and it works great! I just had to have calls forwarded to my google voice number So, now I can keep the unlocked M8

Thanks for everyone's help. I set up a free account and the app on my current phone and it works great! I just had to have calls forwarded to my google voice number So, now I can keep the unlocked M8
    Great