Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Boomsound Holes Not Cutout?

I received my HTC one m8 on Friday I have made very few calls on it. When I did I was thinking to myself man it seams kinda low compared to my gs3. Today I was really looking at my phone and noticed all the holes both on top and bottom did not look like they were punched all the way thru. I had a camera microscope hooked up to my work desk so I checked it out. I found that indeed it does not look like all the holes are clear thru. Is this a normal thing on anyone elses phone. Please check it out. I can not find a clear enough photo to be able to tell if this is normal but I have never seen anything like it. Not sure how to post my photos but I will try. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boomsound Holes Not Cutout?-1a.bmp   Boomsound Holes Not Cutout?-2a.bmp   Boomsound Holes Not Cutout?-3a.bmp  

Default Re: Boomsound Holes Not Cutout?

Quote Originally Posted by paulzandroid View Post
    I received my HTC one m8 on Friday I have made very few calls on it. When I did I was thinking to myself man it seams kinda low compared to my gs3. Today I was really looking at my phone and noticed all the holes both on top and bottom did not look like they were punched all the way thru. I had a camera microscope hooked up to my work desk so I checked it out. I found that indeed it does not look like all the holes are clear thru. Is this a normal thing on anyone elses phone. Please check it out. I can not find a clear enough photo to be able to tell if this is normal but I have never seen anything like it. Not sure how to post my photos but I will try. Thanks in advance.
    I'm not downloading your pics. Could you please find a different way of attaching?

That's just how it is. Phil even mentioned it in his review. Idk why but mine is the exact same too.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wow really I cant believe that. Just looks weird. There are like random holes ,some are like 3 in a row then the rest are all blocked off. I still cant believe it. Thank you for the quick response.

p.s. B0wie im not sure how else to post other then attaching.

I don't have a microscope to check myself, but it looks like mine might be too, but only the right sides. Pretty sure this is because the speakers themselves are on the left side, and half the grille is just for symmetry. Like the top grille isn't as long as the bottom, because it has the camera and sensors, but inside the grille itself, also on the right side, is the notification light. It would look weird just having speakers on the left half of the front, plus it probably lets sound out better than not being cut out at all even though it's not necessarily needed. Either that or mine's just dust lol. These are probably initial batches too, so if there's something weird that's usually why.

Posted via Android Central App
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Yes the right side is the side that the holes are filled up more. Thanks for the input guys. Yea the microscope was a bit overkill but it was there so I couldnt pass it up for taking pictures with. I still need to see another phone in person. Looks like I have to make a trip to look at one on display.

I noticed the right side of the top speaker was like that too. I seriously thought it was just filling up with picket lint, and that I would have to clean it out every few days .