Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By jwalker007
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification Icon (Box w/ triangle on left side and + in the middle) -- dissappears...???

A notification icon regularly appears that appears to be a square or a box with the left side of the box a triangle < +] so, sorta like that with a + sign in the middle of the box.
    What is it? When you swipe down for notifications, it disappears and is not listed?

Stumped. Is it my HTC-ware or an App I have installed?

Global Posts
    25,332 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Notification Icon (Box w/ triangle on left side and + in the middle) -- dissappears...???

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFamily View Post
    A notification icon regularly appears that appears to be a square or a box with the left side of the box a triangle < +] so, sorta like that with a + sign in the middle of the box.
    What is it? When you swipe down for notifications, it disappears and is not listed?

Stumped. Is it my HTC-ware or an App I have installed?
    I think I know what you are asking. It is indicating you have more notifications than you do space in he Status bar. If you swipe away a couple notifications it should disappear too.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Notification Icon (Box w/ triangle on left side and + in the middle) -- dissappears...???

I wish the status bar icons were smaller. A lot of times there is no room for notifications. I guess I could turn off a few things.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + Nexus 9 + G Watch R

Global Posts
    25,332 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I wish the status bar icons were smaller. A lot of times there is no room for notifications. I guess I could turn off a few things.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/09/aqybyhy3.jpg

In that screenshot, you have no room for any notifications, as all the system ones are taking up space.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    In that screenshot, you have no room for any notifications, as all the system ones are taking up space.

From a Liquid Nexus 5
    Yes, it's a bit annoying at times. They should turn off the battery icon when you turn on the percentage and I don't think I need the NFC indicator. I do use NFC most days so I don't want to disable it.

Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + Nexus 9 + G Watch R
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That's it... Thanks! Now why didn't I see that correlation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I think I know what you are asking. It is indicating you have more notifications than you do space in he Status bar. If you swipe away a couple notifications it should disappear too.

I'd like to know what the numbers on the left are for. At first I thought they corresponded to the battery but they don't. Any guesses.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    I'd like to know what the numbers on the left are for. At first I thought they corresponded to the battery but they don't. Any guesses.

What numbers are you talking about? Could it be the date, or free memory?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

It's a number that sits on the left of the notification bar. It seems to closely match the percentage number next to the battery symbol. However, it doesn't match it all the time. I've combed through settings and can't figure it out. I'm totally stumped.

Global Posts
    25,332 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker007 View Post
    It's a number that sits on the left of the notification bar. It seems to closely match the percentage number next to the battery symbol. However, it doesn't match it all the time. I've combed through settings and can't figure it out. I'm totally stumped.

Can you post a screenshot?

From a Liquid Nexus 5

It's probably from some 3rd party app you installed. They don't always poll the battery as frequently as the system does, so what it reports might lag behind the actual system battery icon. Power Toggles gives you an option to have the battery percentage appear on the left of the Notification Bar--do you have that installed?

It was toggles. Thanks for the help.

B. Diddy likes this.

<edit> Found it allready. Sorry.