Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Web Timing Out - Can't Load Pages Frequently

    Does anyone have a problem like this?

    My new M8 frequently has trouble loading web pages and just hangs up. I click on a link (e.g., to load a forum message) and the thin blue bar at the top showing the page load progress hangs up part way through. I sometimes get a message, sometimes not. This happens for a while, and then doesn't occur for a while, and then starts again (it can go on for minutes or hours and seems to be getting worse).

    This used to happen to my with my HTC Thunderbolt and was the primary reason I upgraded to the S4. I just assumed it was a function of the Thunderbolt being a first generation LTE phone and insufficient network capacity on the part of Verzion. Now that it is happening with my M8, I am starting to wonder whether it is a flaw in the way HTC phones talk to the Verizon network. I can load the same pages at the same time on my S4 and iphone 5 with no problem, so it isn't my location, a busy server, electromagnetic interference nearby, etc. I have most of the features like wifi, bluetooth, etc. turned off and don't see any setting that might affect a web-based network connection.

    I lived through this problem for 2 years with the Thunderbolt and was free of it for the past year with the S4, and I am not about to deal with it again.

    I really like the M8 but this and the lack of text reflow are going to kill this phone for me.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Web Timing Out - Can't Load Pages Frequently

    This was a major problem today, all day. I could hardly use the web, couldn't log in to this forum, etc. I restarted the phone this afternoon and it resumed working normally. I used to have to remove the battery on the Thunderbolt daily or worse.

    It is like something gets messed up when the phone tries to make the data connection and it isn't able to send another request. This worries me because it was such a major problem on the Thunderbolt.

    No one else has this issue with this phone?
  3. #3  

    Default

    No problems on my end, I can load pages just fine. What carrier are you on? Have you adjusted WiFi settings? I would try turning off WiFi optimization in the advanced section of the stock browser. Let me know if that helps, if not we can try some other things

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Web Timing Out - Can't Load Pages Frequently

    Thanks, Skyway. I have wifi, bluetooth, etc. turned off. My carrier is Verizon and I am using both the Chrome and Opera browsers. The Verizon M8 doesn't ship with the stock browser, so I am not using it.

    Using my M8 and S4 side-by-side, it only happens on the M8.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Hmmm interesting. Ok go into settings on Chrome and then bandwidth management. See if you have reduce data usage on or off. It seems to compress the page to reduce data usage and that may or may not affect loading times

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Web Timing Out - Can't Load Pages Frequently

    Reduce data management is off.

    Today has been mixed. It works well 80% of the time and hangs up the other 20%.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Web Timing Out - Can't Load Pages Frequently

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Collie View Post
    Reduce data management is off.

    Today has been mixed. It works well 80% of the time and hangs up the other 20%.
    Not sure I'm replying correctly. I had the same issue all day long & wanted to throw my brand new phone. We have AT&T, luckily my husband took a look and realized the issue was the at&t browser bar at the bottom of the phone. It's something AT&T puts on automatically. He deactivated it and the last few hours no issues at all! I'm a happy woman!

Similar Threads

  1. Can't connect Gear 2 Neo
    By Jeff Stroup in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 06:28 AM
  2. where can I buy a Rogers note 3 bezel
    By Ziyaad O in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 02:12 PM
  3. Talk + Data (w/out Wi-Fi)
    By jpmciver in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 07:05 PM
  4. Charging and using external devices at the same time
    By John Ball1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 10:11 PM
  5. App that you can use with OTG?
    By kidagakash in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions