Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do launchers drain battery faster?

I downloaded the Dodol Launcher app and I feel like my battery is draining faster, although I could be very paranoid.

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Welcome to AC, Ivan
    I have not heard of a launcher draining your battery more than the stock launcher. Maybe you changed your wallpaper or added new widgets since switching to Dodol?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Do launchers drain battery faster?

Thank you!
    Nothing yet. Like I said though, I could just be very paranoid and I have been messing with the apps a lot, so that's an obvious cause.

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Changing settings in apps is a far more likely cause for drain than the launcher. I'm sure that's it

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

When you switch to a different launcher, you may want to clear out the original launcher from the phones memory. The phone may keep it in memory for a little while before it needs the space. So basically you'll have two launchers running for possibly a couple hours at most depending on how much you use your phone. Not sure how long its been yet since you've switched them, but that could be a minor reason why. A launcher really should NOT drain any more battery than the stock launcher.

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    When you switch to a different launcher, you may want to clear out the original launcher from the phones memory. The phone may keep it in memory for a little while before it needs the space. So basically you'll have two launchers running for possibly a couple hours at most depending on how much you use your phone. Not sure how long its been yet since you've switched them, but that could be a minor reason why. A launcher really should NOT drain any more battery than the stock launcher.
    That shouldn't affect battery life enough to make it noticeable. The RAM will be more full, but that's about it...

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That shouldn't affect battery life enough to make it noticeable. The RAM will be more full, but that's about it...

I always kill it because I usually have a couple syncing widgets and I don't want those to keep running.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,635 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post
    I always kill it because I usually have a couple syncing widgets and I don't want those to keep running.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I don't think they sync if it's not your default launcher.