- 415 Posts
M8 Root- S-Off available now
With S-Off available for the M8, has anyone rooted?
Interested in bypassing limitations of KK4.4 (specifically the problems with microSD cards) Does rooting alone allow this?
When you root, without flashing a new ROM, do you still get the same Sense6 overlay?
If there are positive features of KK4.4 (such as GPS and Wifi fix) do you lose those?
Are any features of the stock experience removed?
Where is the best place to go for a beginner to understand the processes (temp rooter=Weaksauce, root, flashing ROMs, etc)
- 04-09-2014, 10:31 AM #2
- 120 Posts
- ICS 4.0.3
Re: M8 Root- S-Off available now
All root is is granting root access to your phone. It will not change anything, unless you yourself mess with something. S-off means that you can install a recovery and a new kernel, as well as flash Roms.
Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8
- 04-09-2014, 10:31 AM #3
- 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM #4
- By nightmare in forum HTC One M8Replies: 13Last Post: 04-19-2014, 11:28 AM
- By KiranB2 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 15Last Post: 04-09-2014, 04:03 PM
- By YouDunKnowMeh in forum HTC One M8Replies: 5Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM
- By RRHMJ23 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-09-2014, 09:52 AM
- By rrocha1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 04-08-2014, 11:01 PM