Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Voice dialing/SMS through bluetooth

Apologize if this has been mentioned.
    I am thinking of picking up the M8. Any owners out there know how the voice dialing and SMS over bluetooth is? Can you use this even when the passcode lock is enabled? I will use this for work so a passcode is a must
    This feature is important for me as the laws where I am prohibit handling a cell phone while driving (plus I have a manual car)

Any other android phones that can voice dial and sms while having the passcode lock enabled?

Thanks

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Voice dialing/SMS through bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by Total Hype View Post
    Apologize if this has been mentioned.
    I am thinking of picking up the M8. Any owners out there know how the voice dialing and SMS over bluetooth is? Can you use this even when the passcode lock is enabled? I will use this for work so a passcode is a must
    This feature is important for me as the laws where I am prohibit handling a cell phone while driving (plus I have a manual car)

Any other android phones that can voice dial and sms while having the passcode lock enabled?

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    Pretty sure that the only phones that offer that out of the box is the Moto X and Droid line on Verizon. You can always install SkipLock which let's you have a pass code, but will bypass it if the phone is connected to a trusted Bluetooth or WiFi network.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

When the lockscreen is on, Voice dialing works, have not found a way for sms When the screen is locked a slimmed down android voice search app is used. When the phone is unlocked, Google now is used and you can do almost anything form Google now.

I have been looking for a way to disable voice search, but have not found out how,yet.

This is all activated from my phone button on the Bluetooth headset
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Thanks
    Shame that google now will not work with a pass code when connected to bluetooth. At least allow to do basic functions like what Siri can do on the iPhone