AT&T HTC One (M8): Removing Bloatware?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 Att

Good thing about being on at&t is our development is quick. I easily changed my carrier m8 to a Google play edition. I couldn't stand all the bloat and extra nonsense they force us to have on our phones. I wish manufacturers would take a stand like apple.

Posted via Android Central App

Is there a way to flash it to stock sense, like what you get when you get the unlocked model? Also, will it receive ota updates from HTC like the Google play edition conversions people were doing with the m7 last year?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Oh, are you saying that on the unlocked model you can't choose a black or clear bar? That the on screen buttons, never go away?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes that is what I'm saying. I have the att model so I can't say for sure, but I just read through the entire unlocked models manual and checked out a video on YouTube where a guy goes through every single settings menu on the unlocked version. Wasn't there. I'm not sure where you got this info from. And I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Yes that is what I'm saying. I have the att model so I can't say for sure, but I just read through the entire unlocked models manual and checked out a video on YouTube where a guy goes through every single settings menu on the unlocked version. Wasn't there. I'm not sure where you got this info from. And I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

I'm sure I'll stumble on it again. Let me look for it.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure I'll stumble on it again. Let me look for it.

OK then. And as for the on screen buttons going away in apps, every developer has to do that on their own. HTC has no control over that unless its their app. I doubt apps like the android central app or Tapatalk will ever use full immersive mode since the ui navigation relies heavily on the back button alone.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

OK then. And as for the on screen buttons going away in apps, every developer has to do that on their own. HTC has no control over that unless its their app. I doubt apps like the android central app or Tapatalk will ever use full immersive mode since the ui navigation relies heavily on the back button alone.

That's just it...
With full immersive mode, there is little reason to lock the buttons on. Just a flick of your fingers and they pop up for you to use. But, I could be wrong about the settings. It won't be the first time I'm wrong. :p

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

That's just it...
With full immersive mode, there is little reason to lock the buttons on. Just a flick of your fingers and they pop up for you to use. But, I could be wrong about the settings. It won't be the first time I'm wrong. :p

Yeah I agree. But that is the same for any phone with onscreen buttons. Developers still need to implement it.

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

So what you all are saying is like I got the S4 right now and at the bottom of the there's the back button and the other button that brings the menu up....are you these don't exist on the new HTC one m8?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using The Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

So what you all are saying is like I got the S4 right now and at the bottom of the there's the back button and the other button that brings the menu up....are you these don't exist on the new HTC one m8?

There is a back button, home button and recent apps button. From left to right. And they're on screen, not capacitive and no physical home button like on your s4. So no, the menu button is not there. There will always be a menu button if applicable in apps. Like in the top right corner of the first screenshot.
7y9y9uqe.jpg

ra4u8a5u.jpg

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

so what's the big deal? I mean how do you switch between screens? swipe left and right I take it? what was the point of his coloring issue?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

so what's the big deal? I mean how do you switch between screens? swipe left and right I take it? what was the point of his coloring issue?

I'm not sure I follow exactly what you're asking. Do you mean switch between apps?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Bottom right corner of the screenshot posted just above this you will see 2 boxes..one behind the other..tap that and it opens up the programs running in the background

sparker781

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

umm...okay still confused on what the other poster was talking about....anyhoo....I know this is the M8 forum does anyone know how to root the S4 att edition? I didnt get too much help with the other forum post and the xda page is talking gibberish

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

umm...okay still confused on what the other poster was talking about....anyhoo....I know this is the M8 forum does anyone know how to root the S4 att edition? I didnt get too much help with the other forum post and the xda page is talking gibberish

YouTube is probably the most helpful for that. Seriously, I use it all the time.

Wild Child

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

Ive actually done an AT&T build per developer base...has visual voicemail integrated to dialer and messaging and isis working with work around for rooted users...but no at&t extra bloatware and no carrier IQ since its back in the m8 build from AT&T...It still needs testing @ isis implementation visual voicemail implementation works perfect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt