Google Voice question

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This isn't specific to the M8, but I have a question about GV.

On iOS, there's a dialer built into the app. I can use that dialer and it'll call out from my GV number.

On Android, there doesn't seem to be a dialer. I know I could set it to ask for every call, use it for all calls, etc., but I don't want to do that. Why? When using the hands-free in my car, that dialog prevents the phone from dialing at all. So, I've told it never to ask. But how do I make calls from my GV number then?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not there on the Android app. You have to make a decision on every call or get the pop up every time to choose.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If you want to use it for calls but only on occasion, you will have to open the app, go into settings and change the selection you made for making calls. You only have four options that can be selected - 1. use GV for all calls 2. Do not use GV for any calls 3. Only use GV for international calls 4. Ask every time u make a call

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you want to use it for calls but only on occasion, you will have to open the app, go into settings and change the selection you made for making calls. You only have four options that can be selected - 1. use GV for all calls 2. Do not use GV for any calls 3. Only use GV for international calls 4. Ask every time u make a call
Really? That stinks. I used to like the ask every time option but it is just causing me problems. It also makes voice calling kind of pointless. I guess I'll just use the web interface to call my phone number.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Really? That stinks. I used to like the ask every time option but it is just causing me problems. It also makes voice calling kind of pointless. I guess I'll just use the web interface to call my phone number.

Just found this shortcut today while checking out some other settings. Place this GV toggle on your home screen and each time you tap it GV cycles through the four calling options. It's a pretty simple way of managing the calling features of Google Voice. Hope this helps.

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress