Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice question

This isn't specific to the M8, but I have a question about GV.

On iOS, there's a dialer built into the app. I can use that dialer and it'll call out from my GV number.

On Android, there doesn't seem to be a dialer. I know I could set it to ask for every call, use it for all calls, etc., but I don't want to do that. Why? When using the hands-free in my car, that dialog prevents the phone from dialing at all. So, I've told it never to ask. But how do I make calls from my GV number then?

Default Re: Google Voice question

It's not there on the Android app. You have to make a decision on every call or get the pop up every time to choose.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

If you want to use it for calls but only on occasion, you will have to open the app, go into settings and change the selection you made for making calls. You only have four options that can be selected - 1. use GV for all calls 2. Do not use GV for any calls 3. Only use GV for international calls 4. Ask every time u make a call
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    If you want to use it for calls but only on occasion, you will have to open the app, go into settings and change the selection you made for making calls. You only have four options that can be selected - 1. use GV for all calls 2. Do not use GV for any calls 3. Only use GV for international calls 4. Ask every time u make a call
    Really? That stinks. I used to like the ask every time option but it is just causing me problems. It also makes voice calling kind of pointless. I guess I'll just use the web interface to call my phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    Really? That stinks. I used to like the ask every time option but it is just causing me problems. It also makes voice calling kind of pointless. I guess I'll just use the web interface to call my phone number.
    Just found this shortcut today while checking out some other settings. Place this GV toggle on your home screen and each time you tap it GV cycles through the four calling options. It's a pretty simple way of managing the calling features of Google Voice. Hope this helps.

Google Voice question-image.jpg