Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Harmon kardan

Is Sprint the only carrier getting the Harmon kardan speakers? They should have made all the m8s with them.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Harmon kardan

From what I've read yes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Saw the screenshots on various websites showing the Harman Kardon option in the settings menu. Makes you wonder if it's an actual hardware difference or just a glorified EQ setting.

Quote Originally Posted by rahxephon View Post
    Saw the screenshots on various websites showing the Harman Kardon option in the settings menu. Makes you wonder if it's an actual hardware difference or just a glorified EQ setting.
    That's a good point. I'm sure HTC doesn't want to go through the hassle of creating a differing model for one carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by croaker68 View Post
    Is Sprint the only carrier getting the Harmon kardan speakers? They should have made all the m8s with them.

I didn't see anything about speakers. Do you have a source on that?

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    I didn't see anything about speakers. Do you have a source on that?
    Sprint Special Edition Harman/Kardon M8 - xda-developers

Apparently the Verizon version does not have the option to turn on but I did find Beats... and Fingerprint, weird.. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harmon kardan-screenshot_2014-04-11-00-46-20_1.jpg  
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

HA i was looking thru that file as well to change my 4g icon and noticed the Beats in there also...I wonder if changing it to true would have any effect :P

I seen something about going into default xml to obtain it. Which I have no idea how to do

Quote Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
    Sprint Special Edition Harman/Kardon M8 - xda-developers

Apparently the Verizon version does not have the option to turn on but I did find Beats... and Fingerprint, weird.. lol
    That would be interesting, as I don't know if they've got any experience in micro speakers, though Harmon owns a bazillion audio companies so I'm sure one of them could come up with something. I'm still not confident that it's going to be the speakers though as it seems to just be a rumor based on a guy who quoted a guy on a forum who says he works for Sprint (who knows what capacity). I did see a screen shot of a software toggle though so it seems that there will be some kind of enhancement, which is good news to those who don't have high quality cans to listen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    HA i was looking thru that file as well to change my 4g icon and noticed the Beats in there also...I wonder if changing it to true would have any effect :P
    When you say change 4g icon are you saying there's a straightforward way to not have the spinny spark icon?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

Ah you must be on Sprint.. I have the ATT version and im running ARHD.. The icon for my 4g just says LTE..but in that file, you can change a setting to have it show 4G instead of LTE (if that makes sense)

I do remember a setting in there that was labeled spark...but since I dont have Sprint, I just left it alone :P