Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help with making phone calls.

Until purchasing the mate (m8) I've only owned the Galaxy S, S2 and S3 so I've become accustomed to touchwiz features. One thing I liked about my Samsung phones was contacts/phone functionality. For example, swipe left for message and right for a phone call on any contact. The way the favorites tab was set up, ability to easily switch between phone and contacts and so forth.

I am getting used to Sense 6 after a couple days but still find myself longing for an easier way to navigate through contacts (people) and making calls without tapping on the person and then when their contact card appears tapping on their phone number. I know...first world problems and all...but are there Sense 6 tricks with regard to making calls I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Default Re: Help with making phone calls.

Personally I find HTC's way of doing the phone app much easier to use and cleaner too.

with sense 6 you can swipe between the pages. (call history, phone, favorites, people groups) you can also tap and hold on them to rearrange them or to hide them. So for example if you only use call history, phone and people, just uncheck the rest. same can be applied to any part of sense 6 that has multiple pages. some cant be hidden, but they almost always can be rearraged.

Help with making phone calls.-screenshot_2014-04-11-04-16-55.jpg

You can dial my name. here is an example. you can get to this screen by tapping on the blank spot above the numbers.

Help with making phone calls.-screenshot_2014-04-11-04-16-32.jpg

also lets say you tap 2, your recent calls with contacts with the number 2, or a, b ,c in the name will show up. Your most recent one will show above the dialer along with xx matches. taping that will bring up a list of everything in your contacts with the number 2 or names with a, b c in them..... hope I wasn't too confusing...

You can also add a people widget to your home screen, but you will need to add the ones you want to a group and you still need to tap on their image and tap once more to call or send them a message. HTC doesn't hae a direct dial widget like samsung does.

Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That was very nice of you to go into such detail, thanks! I will play around with it and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks again.

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
    That was very nice of you to go into such detail, thanks! I will play around with it and I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks again.
    No problem.. HTC pretty much had the same set up since 2010. I've been an HTC user that long.

It's pretty easy once you get used to it. You can so type via a keyboard the name of your contact and the names Will automatically show up.

Posted via Android Central App