Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to change the background update of some apps

Hello,

I would like to know how to change the background update in the M8.

Some apps like Facebook, Twitter or similar drain quite a lot of battery running in the background and I would like to deactivate it, so I can manually update them instead of having them running in the background and draining battery.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Default Re: How to change the background update of some apps

Make sure you downloaded at least iOS 4.0 from apple.com/iOS and then once that's done, go to settings, wallpaper. There you can choose either preloaded ones or your camera roll pics. If you can't do this with the new software, you must have the second gen. then, and the second gen. Doesn't support this. If your iPod already has a background, then you don't need to update. Always make sure you have the newest software from apple.com! (the newest software is 4.2, so to make sure you have it, go to settings-general-about, and under version, it should say 4.2.1, or you need to update it to get all the new features apple is releasing)

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by Harime View Post
    Hello,

I would like to know how to change the background update in the M8.

Some apps like Facebook, Twitter or similar drain quite a lot of battery running in the background and I would like to deactivate it, so I can manually update them instead of having them running in the background and draining battery.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
    I don't have Twitter, but I do have Facebook!
    Firstly, go to the More tab, scroll down to App Settings, and in there should be the refresh interval. Change this to Never.

How to change the background update of some apps-screenshot_2014-04-11-20-48-54.jpg
    How to change the background update of some apps-screenshot_2014-04-11-20-46-16.jpg
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you, I just set Facebook to 4 hours, that is enough so it doesn't drain battery often.

I wonder if that can be done in a general way, instead of app-by-app.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by mariaandreson View Post
    Make sure you downloaded at least iOS 4.0 from apple.com/iOS and then once that's done, go to settings, wallpaper. There you can choose either preloaded ones or your camera roll pics. If you can't do this with the new software, you must have the second gen. then, and the second gen. Doesn't support this. If your iPod already has a background, then you don't need to update. Always make sure you have the newest software from apple.com! (the newest software is 4.2, so to make sure you have it, go to settings-general-about, and under version, it should say 4.2.1, or you need to update it to get all the new features apple is releasing)

we are talking about the htc m8, not ipods.

Quote Originally Posted by mariaandreson View Post
    WTF? Go back to sleep lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk