Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By karmamule
  • 1 Post By angieberry10
  • 1 Post By ugxvibe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Happy to be back in the HTC One family!

I had the original HTC One and loved lots of things about it (Sense, Blinkfeed, build quality, etc.), and even liked the camera for the most part. Zoes and Highlights were fun, and I mostly used it for social photo sharing so the lower resolution was fine. But I was bothered by the battery life and, being a gadget junkie, I was tempted away by phones with bigger screens and faster processors. After having had an LG G2 and an Xperia Z1S I decided to get an HTC One M8 today and so far I'm extremely happy.

While both of those phones were very solid phones in their own right, I found myself missing Blinkfeed, missing Zoes, missing the build and hand-feel, and especially missing Sense. It's great to have all that back again, and if the battery life lives up to the word of mouth so far I'll continue to be very happy with it. Oh, and I also now remember how much better it was listening to headphones on an HTC One than the other phones.

The Z1s especially had lots of good aspects, and if you want a phone with great build quality but a more traditional higher res camera I would heartily recommend it. Their custom UI is relatively low-key like Sense, and the battery life was also very good as well. For some people it (or the newer Z2 when it's available) might be the better choice, but for me personally I'm glad to be back on the M8.

On a side note, I still have the original Jump plan with T-Mobile, and it was great to walk in there early this morning (no one else in the store!), turn in my Z1s I still owed about $450 on, have that entirely paid off via Jump, and get the M8 for all of $35 out-of-pocket.
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Default Re: Happy to be back in the HTC One family!

Welcome back! Me too, I had the M7 and then went back to BlackBerry and now I'm back to M8. Loving the improvements!

Posted via Android Central App
    karmamule likes this.

Welcome home!
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    karmamule likes this.

Glad you found your way back home.

Welcome back so far I'm enjoying the m8 better than the m7 I had last year

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Similar boat. I went from the M7 to the Nexus 5, and for all people talk about stock Android, more rapid software updates, and wireless charging, none of that makes up for missing the speakers and the absolutely attrocious Nexus 5 camera. The thing I disliked most about the M7 was my drop damage on the developers edition. I'll use a case on the M8 when I'm travelling to protect against that, and I'll get handset insurance with my carrier which I couldn't really get on the M7 Dev edition. And room for a 128 gb SD card, that's so huge. Did I mention how bad the Nexus 5 camera is?
    Disclaimer, I don't work at Google, I just live nearby and am a fan.

Got my M8 today, played with both S5 a d M8 at Best Buy, ended up upgrading to M8 from M7. It's awesome

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm very happy to be back.

I usually say, I see myself selling/upgrading in 4-6 months but looking ahead the Build & Feel of this is absolutely amazing that I don't see any upcoming Super Phones replacing it. Unless of course LG & Samsung does something drastic with the G3 & Note 4. I don't think I will even bother with Sony XPERIA Z2 now, I posted after seeing reviews I would sell the M8 in May when Bell releases the Z2.