Bluetooth connection not pairing

Donna Goforth

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Since the last HTC update about a month ago my phone will not pair with any of my bluetooth devices. At times it doesn't even recognize them.
Is anyone else having this problem?

tomstinson

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Let me join the club. M8 will not pair, doesn't even see my Denison car adapter. I have reached out to Denison and am waiting on reply. iPhone 4 worked for years.

SmartphoneNerd

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't get the buttons on my steering wheel to skip tracks, but finally got it to pair after 4 or 5 tries...I don't know what the issue is, or who to throw things at.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I also have issues automatically connecting to paired devices. I really hope HTC addresses this issue. It's very annoying when in my car I have to attempt to connect it manually and then I have to try 3 or 4 times.

SmartphoneNerd

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I also have issues automatically connecting to paired devices. I really hope HTC addresses this issue. It's very annoying when in my car I have to attempt to connect it manually and then I have to try 3 or 4 times.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling it's going to be a device update needed from whatever device(s) we're connecting to...I think it has to do with the BTLE settings. I had to use an XDA driver for my Fitbit when my G2 got KK because it wouldn't pair up anymore. I could be wrong, and hopefully I am, but it's not just the M8 having issues with BT stereo connections...I googled it.

electriclarryland

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I have able to get my M8 paired and my contacts synced with my 2011 BMW 335d, but it won't even give me the option of playing or streaming music. The car will work with other phones (except) LG G2) and the M8 will stream to other BT devices, such as the Parrot hands-free system in my truck & my Sennheiser BT headphones.
I am actually pretty happy though, because the LG G2 I have used for the last six months had issues with just pairing to make phone calls.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any problems pairing my Verizon M8 to my 2011 Hyundai Elantra, Jaybird BluBud X Bluetooth Earbuds, Beats Studio Bluetooth Headphones, or Bose Mini Bluetooth Speaker. I am able to make calls and listen to music on my Elantra. I cannot control the M8 from my steering wheel controls. One thing to check is to see if the devices you are trying to pair the M8 to are not already paired with another device. The only glitch I had in pairing was with the Bose Mini, but I found it was already paired to my M7 which was powered on and automatically paired. Once I unpaired the M7, my M8 paired immediately.

Thomas Bower

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any problems pairing my Verizon M8 to my 2011 Hyundai Elantra, Jaybird BluBud X Bluetooth Earbuds, Beats Studio Bluetooth Headphones, or Bose Mini Bluetooth Speaker. I am able to make calls and listen to music on my Elantra. I cannot control the M8 from my steering wheel controls. One thing to check is to see if the devices you are trying to pair the M8 to are not already paired with another device. The only glitch I had in pairing was with the Bose Mini, but I found it was already paired to my M7 which was powered on and automatically paired. Once I unpaired the M7, my M8 paired immediately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2