Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio playback with headphones issue

I have one complaint about the audio output.

When I'am using the phone with the Beyerdynamics dt 770 ohm headphones it sounds great till like 75-80% volume ( using neutron / in the stock player like 3 ticks from max volume). At around that percentage I can hear some clipping/popping sounds.

I didn't experience this with the iphone 5s. The problem is, the volume might be good enough for normal lower ohm headphones, but the loudness at about 75% is lower than max volume at the iphone 5s.

Anyone else has the same experience? Might this be software or hardware related?

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

Default Re: Audio playback with headphones issue

Try turning off BoomSound.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Oh, didn't mention that but I Always turn off boomsound while using headphones
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by cyral View Post
    I have one complaint about the audio output.

When I'am using the phone with the Beyerdynamics dt 770 ohm headphones it sounds great till like 75-80% volume ( using neutron / in the stock player like 3 ticks from max volume). At around that percentage I can hear some clipping/popping sounds.

I didn't experience this with the iphone 5s. The problem is, the volume might be good enough for normal lower ohm headphones, but the loudness at about 75% is lower than max volume at the iphone 5s.

Anyone else has the same experience? Might this be software or hardware related?
    Without knowing the output impedance of both devices it's hard to say for sure, but I do know that with those headphones an external dedicated headphone amp is highly recommended. I have the DT990's (250 ohm) and while I don't get an crackling at max volume they aren't near as loud as they should be. They also sound, honestly, terrible out of the headphone jack compared to them with an amp.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I have the Beyer DT880 in 600ohm, which almost always require a serious amp. The M8 actually drives them decently and I don't get any distortion at full volume. And, full volume is in hearing damage territory. No, the sub bass doesn't hit as hard or as crisp as with my professional amps, nor would anything that small. I honestly think they did an outstanding job with the headphone output. I'll have to try a few other cans but they already passed the toughest test I've got.

Check if your jack is loose. That appears to be my issue. If I tug the headphones or spin the cord, with or without amp, it clips. I realized they pull out slightly rather than having a tight seal. I checked 4 different cables, all had the same issue, amps aux cable as well. Out of my 14 days do I'm stuck, wish you the best!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk