Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Second HTC One (M8) - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?

I just received a new replacement M8 and the power button seems "sunk-in" and very stiff to activate. Anyone else having this issue? My first unit had a defective speaker. A little frustrated with the build quality issues on these devices.

Default Re: Second HTC One M8 - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by miggdmac View Post
    I just received a new replacement M8 and the power button seems "sunk-in" and very stiff to activate. Anyone else having this issue? My first unit had a defective speaker. A little frustrated with the build quality issues on these devices.
    I posted earlier today about my screen lifting in the top right corner. I would say there are some challenges.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I noticed the seating of the glass on my first phone was much higher. This one is more flush.

Can't find anything wrong. Glass is flat all around, buttons are perfect.
    Thanked by:
    kct1975 likes this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't have any issues with mine. When the M7 came out last year there were a lot of people with build quality issues. Obviously I don't want anybody to have these types of issues, but I do hope that HTC learned from last year and improved the process around building these devices.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

I've had my M8 for about two weeks now and have yet found any kind of quality issue as of yet. I'm just amazed as to how good the quality has been !!
    Thanked by:
    kct1975 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I love the device. These issues have just made it a bit frustrating, however just got off the phone with HTC and they are shipping out a new device. I do appreciate their customer service. The experience feels much like the customer service you receive from Apple. Nice job HTC.

I had a couple of areas of stuck pixels on my original M8, only visible on black screen.

My new one has no issues that I've found, yet.
    o2k

Default Re: Second HTC One (M8) - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?

So far so good.
    I don't have any issues that have been raised on the forum. I must be lucky.

Erhhh, I do have one issue. but that's with how to remove the sticker on the back of the phone.

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts

No issues on mine. Recessed buttons seems to be a common problem for HTC, I had issues with 2 HD7s .

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Every phone manufacture will have a % of phones that have flaws. I had to send my M7 due to speaker malfunction but I'm rocking a great M7 now. I also agree that dealing with Htc's customer service was very easy, no hassle what so ever.

Hopefully get yours sorted out.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by miggdmac View Post
    I love the device. These issues have just made it a bit frustrating, however just got off the phone with HTC and they are shipping out a new device. I do appreciate their customer service. The experience feels much like the customer service you receive from Apple. Nice job HTC.
    Did you have to send them your original device first? Or do they have you return it in the box they ship?

On mine it's the top right where the screen meets the ear piece plate, the plate is lifting. I have to call them tomorrow.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Had my M8 since its release on AT&T and haven't had any issues so far. Build quality is amazing. Let's hope it stays that way lol

Banned

If you are truly having these aweful build quality issues, why are you leaving the store with them? Smells like Samsung has ramped up its trolling propaganda machine yet again!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I didn't buy the phone from a carrier. I bought the developer edition direct from HTC. They were kind enough to ship out a new model using the cross ship prepayment. Glad to hear others have not experienced the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy13 View Post
    If you are truly having these aweful build quality issues, why are you leaving the store with them? Smells like Samsung has ramped up its trolling propaganda machine yet again!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    I have a developers edition so calm down. I just wanted to know how they return/exchange their product.

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

No problems with my M8, I think the build quality is outstanding.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Just got my One today. Noticed a small dent next to the depth sensor when I unboxed it. Is it worth it to risk the chance of getting a replacement with more problems considering everything like the volume rocker and the speaker grills are all fine? Also anyone have any experience getting a replacement phone, I got the unlocked version from HTC.com

I have the silver version and it had a couple small nicks in the back right out of the wrapper. I was ok with it when my phone was running balls to the wall awesome, but now that the new Verizon update has killed my battery life I am less than thrilled.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I had some issues with yellow tinting in lower left corner of the screen. Exchanged it and same issue... anyone else?

Got a replacement after finding a dent on my first M8. So I noticed that on my second M8, the power button is almost flush. Didn't really take notice with the first model but does anyone else have a M8 with a power button that is only about the thickness of a sheet of paper out? I'll try to post pics later tonight.Second HTC One (M8) - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?-photo-apr-30-3-50-21-pm.jpg

My complaints on mine are that the lower right corner is slightly not flush with the screen, and the holes are not punched all the way through on the right side of the speaker grills. I went to a verizon store and the phone the guy working their showed me had the same issue in the lower right corner, but the holes looked consistent on both lower and upper grills. I guess it just cosmetic though since the speakers are only on the left side of the grills.

I've had no problems with build quality. Maybe the quality of the camera inside isn't that great.. does that count? But as far as the build of the device I've not noticed anything bad.

The C in the HTC logo on my phone fail off but of course this happens after my 14 days but other then that mine is all good

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robb View Post
    The C in the HTC logo on my phone fail off but of course this happens after my 14 days but other then that mine is all good

HTC has a 1 year limited warranty against manufacture defects. If you didn't do anything (drop it or damage it) then it sounds like it would be covered. I've read through the fine print and details on their warranty just so I know what would and would not be covered

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast