Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BobR1908
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Heads Up on the HTC Advantage Program

WHen I picked up my M8 yesterday, I opened the box and the first thing you see, beside the phone of course, is the big green HTC Advantage logo. Free one time cracked screen replacement within the first 6 months, 50 gb. free online storage, etc. That really sounds great on the screen guarantee so I decided to check it out.

On the HTC site, under terms and conditions of the guarantee, it lists the SKU's that are covered. And guess what, it doesn't list my SKU for the Verizon M8.

What gives here? How can they advertise this and not cover it? I'm going to write HTC then whoever else I have to to bring this to light.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-12-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

Default Re: Heads Up on the HTC Advantage Program

That's interesting. Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdanger View Post
    WHen I picked up my M8 yesterday, I opened the box and the first thing you see, beside the phone of course, is the big green HTC Advantage logo. Free one time cracked screen replacement within the first 6 months, 50 gb. free online storage, etc. That really sounds great on the screen guarantee so I decided to check it out.

On the HTC site, under terms and conditions of the guarantee, it lists the SKU's that are covered. And guess what, it doesn't list my SKU for the Verizon M8.

What gives here? How can they advertise this and not cover it? I'm going to write HTC then whoever else I have to to bring this to light.
    You are covered but if you want to contact them to ease your mind go ahead.

Pretty certain you're covered. HTC just needs to update the web page with their latest phone.

Posted via Android Central App
    o2k

How does it not cover Verizon M8 (I'm with Verizon) if the big green HTC Advantage logo is in the box that you received?

Quote Originally Posted by o2k View Post
    How does it not cover Verizon M8 (I'm with Verizon) if the big green HTC Advantage logo is in the box that you received?
    That's what I'm wondering too?

Op, if you need to replace your screen with the advantage program, just call them and they will help you out. You are indeed covered though

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

During their big announcement of this phone Jason MacKenzie said that it does extend to the M8. So I would get a clip of that video and hold onto it.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts

That would be a majorrrrrrrrrr fail aka lawsuits out the ***.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did chat with them and they said it was covered. You would think they would update their terms and conditions though. Not like they have to reprint anything, just update the webpage.

Not to sound sarcastic, but the first indication of your phone being covered was the HTC Advantage sticker in the box of your phone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdanger View Post
    I did chat with them and they said it was covered. You would think they would update their terms and conditions though. Not like they have to reprint anything, just update the webpage.
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.